Diver Down

JJ, John B, and Bailee were 'boat shopping' whilst they went to save Pope from cleanup after Agatha. Boat shopping was a game Bailee and JJ had come up with while on a cruise ride in Bailee's boat last summr- every boat they passed would either have a story or a price.

"How about that one?" John B pointed to an older boat that was first on the docks. It's paint was torn off and a bit of rusted metal peaked through the edges.

"Nah, kind of a smugglers boat," JJ said and Bailee nodded along, foot tapping against the flooring.

"Yeah-"

"Good morning!" Bailee was cut off by a neighbor cleaning off the boat they had pointed out. Each of them raised a hand signaling a 'hello' as John B responded.

"I sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink... he doesn't have insurance," JJ said offhand, which made Bailee think about the damage to her aunt's house. Before she could start worrying, she shrugged it off as not being her problem considering she helped latch everything up last night.

"Hi, Miss Amy! You guys get through it?" John B asked an older woman, seemingly about 20, on the docks wearing a sun hat.

"Still here." She laughed a bit as if he had said a small joke and continued shoving trash into a bag as the H.M.S. Pogue rode off.

"She totally looked at me," JJ commented, making John B laugh.

"Yes, JJ, that hot and old of a girl would go for you. Keep on dreaming, babe. I've got a better chance than you." Bailee responded, making JJ pout and John B laugh harder.

"She's not wrong, but I think Miss Amy is straight. Sorry, Bails." John B responded, making Bailee shrug.

She had told the gang about her being pansexual, as she was already out to everyone she cared about knowing. Considering how fast everything moves around the island, she had a feeling everyone knew already. The first she had told was JJ, which took a large amount of weed before it spilled out of her mouth lazily. He had sobered up quickly and was fully supportive, knowing which jokes she didn't mind and which she asked he didn't say.

John B and Pope's reactions were hard to describe, but they were easier than Kie's. She looked like she was spaced out as soon as the words had left Bailee's mouth but quickly embraced her in a tight hug that the others joined in on after a few moments.

"Dude look at this place." John B whistled and looked at the pile of trash in the middle of the way.

"Agatha, what did you do?"

"She is a crazy lady."

"Hardcore hurricane surge, man."

"We're gonna have to clean this all summer." Bailee sighed and looked at the damage, mouth curling in disgust at the amount of trash in the ocean surrounding.

"That is my nightmare," JJ replied.

"You aren't ditching for the free life of no Figure Eight cleanup?" John B playfully asked, already knowing the girl's answer.

"No way. My aunt can deal with that once she decides to show up. Plus, that would mean interacting with Rafe and his goonies." Bailee shivered just thinking about an entire summer with her ex and his sad lap dogs.

"I told you not to date him." JJ loosely hung his arm around the girl's shoulders, looking slightly down with a smile. "And you told me..."

"That I would date him just so I could get him to stop greasing his hair." Bailee laughed, shaking her head at the memory. She knew she was reckless back then, not understanding how feelings work.