Chapter 18: I'll Love You Anyways.

"By, Josie." Ferrah said awkwardly as I meant my door step. . . "Bye.." I said as I reached for the door knob.

I'm so confused... Or better yet, Jake's so confused... Or maybe he's not; But.. xfgwreg. wrfnnrwfnrgfn. Ugh.

Was he hiding this.. and If so, How long.. I mean, If he is hiding it then he's doing a good job because I never even suspected Darren... I never suspected anyone. All the girls; any girls.. everywhere always gush over Jake.. So yes, I'm surprised...

I have nothing against gays; But it can be a bit surprising when it's your brother who for as long as you can remember always had girls surrounding him.

+AN HOUR LATER+

I heard the door shut from downstairs..And for some reason my heart pounded. I heard the foot steps, trailing up the stair case, and I had hoped and prayed he'd pass my room up- NOPE.

My door knob turned and Jake was in my doorway, "Making sure you made it home, gay." He said as he was about to shut my door back.

My eyes widened.

"WHAT?"

"Making sure you made it home, OK." He repeated.

"Oh. uhm, yea!" I said as I sort of tensed. I noticed the small purple bruise on Jake's neck, Who's house did you go over?" I asked trying to be nonchalant.

His eyes flickered as he hesitated, "Why?" He shot, and that surprised me because usually he'd just tell me. Me and Jake were never the type of brother and sister to fight and argue. We were pretty open about everything so maybe that's why im so surprised... you know; that he didn't tell me.

My eyes widened once again.

"I was over Drew's.." He said, "Oh," I smiled, "Did drew.. ask about me?" I asked, still trying to be nonchalant. "No." Jake said bluntly.

AND MY HEART IS BROKEN.

When Jake noticed my defeated facial expression he quickly piped up, "I mean, we gayed around on the X box.. No one was talking about their girl friends." Jake spoke, trying to calm me.

Jake sighed, And he must have noticed my new facial expression. "What'd you say?" I asked...

"We played around on the X box.. No one was talking about their girl friends." He repeated.

"OK." I said, shutting my eyes tightly. "Whats wrong with you Jos-"

"ISawYouKissDarren." I said fast and a low, almost in a whisper.

"What?" Jake said, confused.

"I.Saw.You.Kiss.Darren." I said a little louder. "Josie, I can't read lips." Jake said fed up. "I Saw You Kiss Darren." I said once again, louder. and Jake's face lost all color.

"Jocelyn- I- uh. I-" Jake stammered. I stopped him, "Jake, It's OK." I said as his usually care-free face was full of emtion. "Are you two, A thing?" I asked, Jake came all the way into my room; making sure to shut the door behind him. He plopped down on my bed, "I'm not ready to tell people, Jocelyn." Jake said and for the first in... ever: he looked defeated. scared. sad almost. "Jake, I'm not gunna tell anyone, But just know; You don't have to hide it." ..... I said and there was a pause.

"I'll love you anyways." I spoke, as I crawled over to the edge of the bed Jake was sitting, and wrapped my arms around his shoulder.