Chapter 16: Things Therapist Do.

"So Jocelyn . Tell me about you." Mrs. Breeding said as I stared straight at her.

I refused to lay back on the long lounge chair like some crazy patient. I refused to let this women think she was getting anywhere with me; not that there was somewhere to get. But you know what I mean.

"There's not much to tell." I said vaguely as I crossed my left leg over my right one, Letting her know my time here was un-enjoyable.

"You can lay back if you want, rela-"

"I'm good." I said as I tensed my legs. "OK." She said calmly. And it was annoying the hell out of me. .

.

.

After 5 minutes of silence...

-

"There's nothing wrong with me. I don't need to be here." I said as I uncrossed my legs and instead crossed my arms. "Your right," She agreed, completely surprising me. I gave her a look, "Tell my mom that," I scowled. "I could, But Jocelyn... Do you really not want to talk; about anything.." She said as she connected her eyes with her clip board.

"NO." I said bluntly.

"We have an half hour, before the end of your appointment." She said as she wrote something down on the paper of her clip board. "I'm fine with sitting here." I said as I never let my eyes leave her face, that would be a sign of weakness.

--

5 MORE MINUTES OF SILENCE. . .

"So people call you Josie," She said looking at me. "I wish they wouldn't." I said, thinking of the nickname, drew had, had everyone start calling me. It eventually stuck and now I just don't say much about it. "Well, I won't call you anything you don't wanna be called," She said as she writ on the clip board.

I rolled my eyes, "Right." I said, "Jocelyn, If you don't mind.. Could I ask you a question." She said connecting her eyes back to mine.

"Depends." I said, I didn't want her to think I was comfortable with her.. Cause I'm not.

"What's yours and Drew's History?" She said as she put her pin down.

Why is she so nosey. . Dang.

I opened and closed my mouth for words, her question had caught me off guard. "I- Uh-Uhm.I-.." I mumbled. "It's just that, I remember you saying you loved him." Mrs. Breeding said. "I DO." I said a little defensive. "OK. So tell me, What led to this "LOVE." she asked.

-

OK, I know what your thinking; don't give in Jocelyn.. But to be honest, I did want to talk about drew, I always wanted to tell someone about him; But I never had anyone ask.

-

So here I am, Pouring our History out... And Mrs. Breeding looks everything but impressed by my love story. "Jocelyn, Do you ever thing that maybe... He's trying to hide you." She said, and My face probably lost all color.

I wasn't shocked because of her out of place question; but because honestly... Well, It wasn't that I felt like he was hiding me.. But when we were younger I felt like he always kept me secret. Like away from my brother and his friends.. and well, I did feel like he never really wanted to own up to our relationship.

Like in the hallway, He had kissed me in front of ferrah.. But no one Else was around; and when ferrah asked what was happening.. It seemed like he didn't wanna tell her.

"I mean, Jocelyn .. why'd he have to take you to a supply closet..If it was a Must that you two were to have sex, why couldn't it have waited; so it could have been passionate.. and a place where you-" Mrs. Breeding said. I huffed, cutting her off.

"Drew's not hiding me." I said sort of defeated, "Were over that phase, I'm sure he'd be open about it.. you know if we ever got a chance to see each other.

"Jocelyn. Do you believe that." She asked, "Uhm. the words just came out of my mouth didn't it." I said fed up with this conversation. "That's time," A small blond lady said as she interrupted us, "Your moms in the lobby, Hun." She said looking over to me. I waisted no time getting up and practically charging for the door.

"See you Tuesday, Jocelyn." Mrs. Breeding said as calm as ever.

I didn't say anything back.. But to be honest, I wanted to come back next Tuesday; I wanted to finish this conversation.