1

Jayda's POV 💜•

I woke up to the sound of my daughter crying, or you could call her my alarm. Xela (Zayla) just turned 2 and she cries every morning that she isnt in my bed when she wakes up. She has extreme separation anxiety because its always just us. Im trynna ease her out of it. Her biological father is in jail because he raped me. Yeah, crazy right. Anyways Im 20 years old and a single mom, just me and my baby brother, Jayden. On our own in the huge city of LA.

It was Friday and I had to get Jordan to school, Xela to daycare, and myself to work. I rolled out of bed and went to Xela first. I picked her up and she calmed down. "You are ok mamas. I promise." I kissed her cheek and she giggled. "Lets go wake up Uncle Jay." I put her down and we walked to Jordan's room and I put Xela on top of him. "Wake up! You needa be on time." He just groaned. "Jayden get the fuck up! You cant keep messing up, its your senior year. Its almost over." I snatched the cover off him and left out the room. "Im not playing with you either."

I went into my bathroom and put Xela on her potty. While she sat there I brushed my teeth and washed my face. "Mommy I pee pee." She got off the potty. "Good job Xelaaa!" I praised her. She turned 2 only like 2 weeks ago and she only really pees on herself if we are out for a long time. And she kinda know how to talk.

I brushed her teeth and quickly put her hair in 2 puffs. "You can go play with your toys for a little bit ok?" She ran off to her room. I put my hair in a slick low ponytail and did my edges. I checked the time and we had 20 mins before we had to leave so everybody would be on time. "Jayden you got 20 more minutes." I yelled. "I gotchu." I heard him say.

I put my work clothes on and some crocs and I put my heels in my purse. I went in Xela's room and saw her watching her iPad. "Did Jayden give you this?" She shook her head. "I do it." How in the hell do she know how to use this thing. I grabbed her some clothes and quickly put them on her. It was kinda cold so I put her Uggs on. "You hungry?" She nodded.

I went in the kitchen to make her some food. I made her a toasted PB&J and made one for her lunch. I made Jordan one and put them all in bags. "Lets go Jayden!" He came out from his room. Put this in her bag for me please. I made you one too." I handed him the sandwiches. I put one in Xela's hand, grabbed my purse and phone and picked her up and we were out the house. Yeah, this was a calm morning.

We drop off Jayden first at his school. "I have basketball practice today, so coach is taking me home." I nodded. "Ok bye. I love you!" "Bye JJ!" Xela screamed. "Bye guys. Love you!" I drove off when I saw he was in the school. Then I went to Xela's daycare.

I got out to drop her off and I saw that there was a bug poster on the door and it said 'Closed Today: Sorry for Inconvenience'. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I groaned. "No bad words Mommy." There is literally nobody else to watch Xela. "You have to go to work with mommy today ok?" She nodded. I buckled her back in and drove to my job.

I work at Brewster Management. I am the assistant of the CEO, David Brewster. He is really considerate most of the time, so I hope he understands about Xela. I walked in holding Xela and went straight to the elevator. I took it all the way up and went into my office. "Good morning Jayda! Oh and little Jayda." Mr. Brewster greeted us. "Hi Mr. Brewster. This is Xela, my daughter." He nodded. "I told you that you could call me Dave, but come with me to my office." Oh my god, Im getting fired. I get paid so well here, I cant get fired. "Mr. Brewster, I just want to say that I apologize for bringing her. I understand that it is unacceptable, I'll have my office cleaned out before lunch."

He just laughed at me and stood by his desk. "Jayda, please sit. I am not firing you. You are one of my best employees. I couldn't care less that you brought little miss here today. I actually love kids a lot." Xela got out of her chair and went over to him. "Hi. I Xela." She tried to get in his lap. He picked her up. "Hi Xela. Im Dave."

He picked her up and sat down with her in his lap She laid her head on his chest. I looked at her crazy. "Im sorry is this ok?" He asked me. "No, its fine. Its just she never does this with anybody. She is usually really shy." He chuckled. "Oh, well. I guess I'm special then." He smiled at me and started playing with Xela. Ooh shit, a bitch just got butterflies.

Jayda pull yourself together. "Ok, Xela lets go." I picked her up off of him and walked out. "If theres nothing else, is it ok if I go to my office?" He nodded.

I took Xela into my office and sat her next to me. I started going through emails from customers on my computer. "Mommy, I sleepy." She rubbed her eyes. It was like 10:45 and we wake up around 6:45 so maybe she was ready for a nap. I laid her down on the couch and she fell asleep almost instantly. I grabbed my water bottle out of my purse and went to sit back at my desk.

I was replying to emails, when the intercom went off in my office. "Ms. London, can you please come to my office as soon as you can." I groaned.

I picked up a sleeping Xela and went into his office. "Yes?" I asked him. "Oh my god. If I knew she was sleep I would've just went in there." I sat down. "It's fine. It doesnt bother her." I positioned her differently. "Ok, well I need you to book 2 plane tickets to Miami, Florida." I nodded. "2?" He usually only gets one ticket when he travels. "Yes... 2. I would like for you to travel with me this time." My eyes widened.

"I- I cant leave town because of Xela and my brother. I have nobody to watch her and I cant trust her with my brother by himself." He shrugged. "Well, um we'll bring them with us." Thats weird. "Are you sure?" He nodded. "Anything for you to be able to come. Book 4 tickets to Miami, for next week." I nodded. "Do you need anything else?" He shook his head no.

I went back to my office and laid Xela down. Why would he want to bring them to travel for business reasons? I mean I get it with me, but Xela and Jayden too?

What did you guys think of the first chapter?