Here

Okay... so she was sad, is sad, doesn't matter -- unimportant at this point because she figures isn't everyone else? No? It's just something she likes pointing out, something she likes drawing out into the air with deep sighs and a glass of wine. It's sad. It's been sad since and it'll be sad for a while, hell she thinks it'll be sad for quite a long time. To be very honest she doesn't give a fuck. Hasn't given a fuck for quite some time now.

"Eyes on the road Manoban!" She's pulled back to where they were, which was here. Not the time for witty ass sarcasm huh? Okay...

Why were they there? Out on the road in her old, beaten chevy... She's wondering the same thing. Why did they get so far into this ... situation in the first place?

"Look, you've been so out of it lately... what's wrong?"

Lisa loved hearing her voice, loved how it filled the inside of her car with its sweet tone that reminded Lisa of pancakes and honey.

"Nothing... I'm just tired." She smiles at her, reaching out to link their hands together. Taking it close to her lips and planting a soft kiss on the spot between her thumb and index finger; where she knows Jennie likes it best.

Lisa wants to be honest, wants to tell her everything but she doesn't. She can't understand what it means; the mess in her head that's weighing her down. She waits a beat, a full minute -- but all she gets is silence and it's honestly louder than the words they've exchanged since they left for the road an hour ago.

She shifts her gaze back on to the road and tries hard to concentrate. She figures it's messy, not quite colored within the lines-- no. It's all over, just bouncing off from one point to another. It never shuts up, no matter how hard she tries to breathe from one to ten and from ten to one. Again and again-- it's all the same.

Relationships are so fucking messy.

"How was work?" She could see Jennie through the corners of her eyes; looking out the window, eyes tracing the silhouettes of trees that were reduced to mere smudges. Lisa thinks the question was more for breaking the awkward silence between them, or maybe... she did want to know.

What does she say? It's the same...

"Uh, it's... good. Work's light nowadays."

She knows Jennie didn't mean for her to hear it, that soft little sigh... but she hears it anyway. Hears it and tries her best not to overthink it.

"That's good..."

"Yeah... yeah it is. How was yours?"

It doesn't take a genius with a PhD in rocket science to help tell Lisa she's annoyed... no maybe... maybe frustrated is the more accurate word, or maybe.. it's uninterested or...

"It was fine. Jisoo got promoted and we went out to get Samgyup right after... "

Lisa nods back in acknowledgement. She doesn't really have to.

"I'm going to take a nap, wake me when we get there?"

"Yeah, sure... you go sleep." Lisa steals a quick glance at her, a quick smile, a quick squeeze on her thigh before she has her eyes back on to the road.

"Mhhmmm..."

Lisa waits for the light snores from her hunched up frame on the passenger seat before she slows the car a bit, leans in to kiss her on the forehead and whisper a little goodnight.

_______________________

It's stupid she admits. Yes, she's the poster child for fuck ups. It's what she's good at. No need to tell her, she has a fucking glowing neon sign that says "dumbass" written all over her entire being.