Under the Mistletoe

Jenlisa Christmas. (or almost Christmas)

Lisa just wants that mistletoe kiss, I guess?

A/N:

I was half-asleep and with a toothache when I wrote this so sorry. Haha

___________

“Chaeng! Chaeng!” 

“What?!”

“Chaeng!! HELP!” 

Chaeyoung rushed into the open room, holding a ladle in one hand and a frown on her face “What happened?!”

“We don’t have a mistletoe!” Lisa looked like she was about to cry. 

“I swear to God I’ll kill you if I wasn’t so afraid of Jennie.” She let out an exasperated sigh and walked over to where Lisa sat on the floor, covered with glitter and an upturned box by her feet where Christmas decorations spilled out of. “Why not just kiss your girlfriend Manoban?”

“It’s different when it’s under the mistletoe… Christmas tradition and all...”

___________

Lisa woke up earlier than usual today. 

It was the twenty-fourth of December; and it was, according to her the most crucial day of the year. Not that it mattered, she just loves Christmas and was excited to spend it with her friends for the first time since they’ve graduated from Uni and got jobs in the busy city. Okay, okay… maybe, she wasn’t being completely honest there. What she meant to say was that; it was the first ever Christmas she’d be celebrating with Jennie, as a couple and kisses under mistletoes were a must. 

“Hey love…” Lisa whispered against Jennie’s ear. 

They were still in bed. It was the day before Christmas after all, and they were all on paid leave for the Holiday weekend. Lisa snuggled closer into the crook of Jennie’s neck, enjoying the warmth as Lisa wrapped her arms around her girlfriend’s still sleeping body.  

“Jen-Jen?” Lisa tried again, this time a little louder. 

She smiled against Jennie’s hair, amused that her girlfriend wasn’t budging at all. Jennie was all milk and nutmeg this season and it made her think of eggnog and warm cozy nights by the fire.  She poked Jennie on the cheeks, her finger bouncing up and down against the soft skin making Jennie stir and give off a soft ‘hmmm…’ that made her chuckle. 

“Whadayawant?” Jennie murmured, more like a grumbled response as she faced Lisa. “ItshtooearlyindamorningLeesha.”

“Do you want to build a snowman?”

Jennie groans in frustration as she covers her face with a pillow, trying to drown out Lisa’s singing -- her patience wearing thin.

Lisa inched closer, holding one side of the pillow that Jennie used to cover her face with up, giving her access to Jennie’s ear (that was slowly turning into a pretty shade of red).  “Come on, let's go and play! I never see you anymore. Come out the door, It’s like --” 

“Lisa! For the love of all that is Holy and Christmasy,” Jennie took a deep breath “NO MORE FROZEN!” 

Jennie sat up to glare at her laughing girlfriend. 

“We ….we ushed to be besht… best buddiieesshh…” Lisa almost choked on her own laughter. 

Jennie took the pillow and hit Lisa straight on the face, making her go “oooof”, sneering at her but failing miserably and ended up with a funny looking lopsided smirk that made Lisa laugh even more.