Je Te Vois Partout

They just talk, because well, "I love you" is both something very simple and yet a very complex thing to say and get right.

Plus I just wanted to write something with Clementines in them.

Notes:
To ñ; i say your name and I taste citrus on my lips. (Naks haha)

**Also her - lisa
Italicized her - Jennie

____________

The faint scent of rain fills the apartment, drowning out most of the cigarette smoke that usually lingered despite almost all of the windows left open the whole day. 

I love you.

The thought creeps up as she stirs sugar into her cup of coffee by the kitchen counter. The scent of it mixing with the rain and evening, and the untouched bowl of clementines—unpeeled.

I love you.

Comes crashing through again. 

As she pads her way to the sofa where she’s seated against. Piles of paper strewn across the coffee table and the bluish hues from the laptop screen drawing lines on her skin. This gets her smiling, despite the relentless thought clinging to the back of her throat, and she finds herself thinking she’s beautiful. Hair tied in a messy bun and glasses skewed from multiple attempts of setting it back in place with hurried fingers.

“Here,” Lisa says, setting the cup on the part of the table kept empty.

She gets a quick nod and a smile in return, “where’s yours?” she asks after a beat.

Lisa laughs. The sound of it drawing another loose smile from Jennie, confusion written in her eyes. “I’ll be fine.”

“You don’t have to stay up with me.” she says, looking at her from the rim of the mug. Glasses fogged over, but her gaze was still as intense despite the haziness and exhaustion that laced it.

“I want to.”

“You always do,” comes the cheeky response, “You’ll probably end up sleeping on the sofa again.”

She hears the slight hitch in her voice, so she smiles to get her thoughts off of it and sits behind her on the sofa. Careful to keep a bit of space so Jennie could lean against it (or her) when she needs to.

“Hungry?” She settles her chin on the dip of Jennie’s shoulder, watching words fill the document on the laptop screen.

“You’ll probably burn half of whatever it is you’re planning on cooking and we’ll end up with take out again.” she laughs, and it’s enough to have Lisa lean in to kiss her on the cheeks where she lingers.

“Who does deliveries at two in the morning anyway?” She whispers against her skin before pulling away.

“I don't know, pizza?”

“We won’t be able to finish half of it before you end up falling asleep, sitting.” She ends up agreeing because they probably would end up with a half full box of soggy pizza by the time the sun came out. “I still have a bowl of clementines.”

Jennie shifts on the floor, reaching out to comb through Lisa’s bangs. A certain look of  amusement in her eyes and a mischievousness playing on the tips of her smile.

It’s become some sort of an inner joke between them.

“You seem to be very fond of them.” she whispers, tracing a line from Lisa’s forehead and ending it on the tips of her nose where she pushes gently.