Makeover for the Hogwarts Express

A New Me - Chapter 21

Thoughts

^Parseltongue^

~~~ Time skip to 1st September ~~~

*** Abus' POV ***

Finally, after waiting for so long the start of term is here. Today will be the day the students will be getting re-sorted. Hogwarts herself was very happy, as this will strengthen inter-house unity as most students will now be loyal and fond of at least two houses.

Oh, did I forget to mention, Hogwarts is a sentient being.

After so much magic being used especially when the founders imbued it with their very essence and generations of young witches and wizards living in it for years, she has had a consciousness since almost the day she was completed by the founders.

She is very fond of certain students and staff. Me, Severus, Maggie, Filius and Poppy are some of her favourite staff ever, or so she tells me. Harry, James, Sirius, Remus, Draco, Newt and many others were and are her some of her favourite students ever.

And, dear Ms Granger remains by far, her favourite muggle-born student in history, which is quite a feat. Well, I cant wait to see the students, expressions when they come to school and see their schoolmate is the new Wizengamot member and the richest man on the planet and is as powerful as me. All I know is that it is going to be an exciting year, I thought to myself before conversing with Phineas Nigellus Black, who was sneering at the other portraits like always.

*** Harry's POV ***

Everyone at Grimmauld Place was rushing around trying to pack for school last minute as always, good to know somethings never change. Fred and George were among those who were running around as Molly chased them around for letting one their fake wands lying around and almost got her to dump all of her famous onion soup on Kreacher. The little Elf, who had taken a liking to her helped her chase the twins down and dump a bucket load of water on their heads.

When the twins trudge into the dining room looking like they took a dip in the pool, everyone laughs and I pat Kreacher on his head and congratulate him by giving him a black heirloom that I summoned from the Black Vault. Oh, did I forget to mention, as Lord of House I can summon any item I want from my vaults other than money.

As we are eating breakfast I can see that Severus was holding Lucius' hand in his, but he was trying and failing to hide this fact from the others. I could see Pansy and 'Mione 'awwing' at them. I couldn't help but smirk at him which made him glare at me. I gulped and turned around so fast I almost got whiplashed.

I could see him smirk from the corner of my eyes. I just grimaced and continued my conversation with my Dragon.

~~~ Time skip to King's Cross ~~~

We apparated outside the train station, in a nearby alleyway which smelled suspiciously like a public toilet. Molly and Lucius ushered us out of there before any up-to-no-good muggles got any ideas.

As we entered King's Cross, I saw muggles bustling around and a few even running to catch their rides with their families, some carrying luggage, some casual briefcases. As our entourage made its way to the entrance to the platform, I thought about things I had never thought about due to the potion and glamours my mother had placed me under to make me more like James Potter. I found myself thinking about how the entrance to platform 9¾, if it was a portal to a different location or just like regular entranced glamoured as a wall or if it was a doorway a pocket dimension that would transport you to a more secure location quickly. I couldn't figure it out so I resolved to find Albus and ask him about it as soon as possible.