There is No End to a Father's Love

A New Me - Chapter 16

*** Draco's POV ***

When Madam Bones uttered those words I was stunned. Instantly a warm pair of hand wrapped around me. I buried my face in Harry's chest. He rubbed my back and tried to soothe me. He was probably the only one who could have succeeded in that situation.

He whispered in my ear that it will be alright, that his father will not hurt him again and that he wouldn't let him get near me. But it didn't matter, I had lost hope. My father would win no matter what. He will take me away from my mate. He will separate me from my family and torture me. I felt like I'd rather die than be in his clutches again.

I clutched Harry's robes so tight my knuckles turned white. He was trying to soothe me but now it seemed to be working. Many people were staring at us, but Harry didn't seem to care. He hugged me tighter and whispered in my ear, "Babe, I love you, I will never let him hurt you okay? I have more power than him, more money than him, a more precious name or should I say names than him He won't hurt you. Do you hear me, he will not hurt you, I will not let him".

I lifted my head to look into his stunning emerald green eyes."But what if he hurts you?", I whispered back to him. "What if he hurts our family?". "I will not let him. Do not worry Draco", he soothed. I just buried my face in his chest again. 

Madam Bones came over to us. "Mr Malfoy-", she was interrupted by Harry who was still looking at me and running his fingers through my hair. "Call him Draco". "Certainly, if you wish so", I thought she was talking to Harry, but I realised that she was looking to me for permission. I just nodded my head and gave her a small smile.

She smiled back and said, "Draco, it's obvious you are not the person you portrayed yourself to be all these years. If Harry trusts you, that you were not involved in anything related to the Dark Lord, I will believe him. So until now what has happened in this case so far is that your father might be innocent of all the things he did. Yes, we know everything he's done these years including what he did to you".

"We have found that he might not be the person behind all those actions. We found this from the first day he was brought in, the day the Battle at the Department of Mysteries happened. But we had to send him to Azkaban for there days until proper arrangements could be made for him due to his, uh, predicament if you get what I'm saying Draco. Yes, I know about your secret. And no I will not tell your friends. I think you should be given the time to tell them yourself before we bring Lucius down".

"Babe, what is she talking about?" Harry asked me. I just sighed, "Well I might as well tell everyone at once. Call the Weasleys and Sev here Harry". Harry just looked at 'Mione and waved for her to come and bring everyone with her.

Once everyone was surrounding me, I looked up and into every one of their eyes and apologised. "I am sorry, I have been hiding a secret from all of you all this time". I looked at Harry, Ron and 'Mione. "Do you guys remember that day on the train, when we all became friends?", all of them nodded. Harry said, "How can we forget Draco? It is the day that changed our lives forever", smiling at me fondly.

"Well, I agree. But, do you remember when I was apologising for calling you 'Mudblood', 'Mione?". She just nodded. "Well do you remember when I said that I couldn't talk about how pure other people's blood is?" I asked them. Harry and Hermione just nodded. "Its because my blood is not pure", I took a deep breath. "I am half-Faerie" after I said that, I closed my eyes tightly and hung my head. 

"Draco what do you mean Faerie?", Harry asked. "I am a special type of Faerie that is only found in the Malfoy bloodline. So this skips a few generations and it's random. But every few generations, a father and son will inherit Faerie genes. It is completely random and out of my control. But unlike normal Faeries and Veela, my inheritance will be on my seventeenth birthday".