Chapter 58: The Despicable Truth

•••••Third Person's POV•••••

"H-Hades?" Raven was struggling to speak as she was surprised to see Hades pointing a gun behind the headmaster's head.

She could not fully comprehend why she was feeling so dizzy, and why her enemy was also writhing in pain.

Her friends and mentor—Blade, Maura, and Reo-sensei ran towards Raven because they could not bear to watch the fight and do nothing anymore.

Blade was clearly worried as he held Raven's hand.

"Raven, say something. Ano bang nangyayari sa'yo?"

"Hang in there, Kid. Maura!" Reo-sensei signaled Maura.

"Right!" Maura immediately took action and went closer to Raven. She was hesitating, but even so, she held Raven's hand and started uttering a spell without a doubt, "Heavenly sky, heed my call and lend me thy power of light: Healing Heart!"

The surrounding went quiet. They all waited for a few minutes. Unfortunately, everyone was surprised when nothing happened. Maura, the one who summoned her power, was even more flabbergasted.

"Wait, could it be?" May naisip si Reo-sensei, pero hindi muna siya nagsalita dahil hindi pa siya sigurado.

"Healing Heart!" Maura tried again, but still to no avail. She kept on trying, and trying, but the result was still the same. Maura's eyes widened in disbelief. "T-That's impossible! Bakit hindi gumagana ang mahika ko?"

"It's because it was sealed away inside of you by someone ten years ago." All of their attentions diverted to Hades when he suddenly spoke again. "You can never use magic unless the seal will be broken."

"I knew it!" Reo-sensei could not help but cuss in his mind. He never saw it coming, and he just believed that his students could successfully use their powers.

Hades released a sigh while still pointing the gun at the back of the headmaster's head.

"I can't even use mine, either," he said.

"Hades, come down here! Where have you been all this time?" Blade asked.

Blade was elated to see Hades again, but he smelled something off about him. Hades, however, just looked down at him. With that single stare, his friends and mentor knew something was definitely out of the ordinary.

"I'm afraid this is no time for reunion, Blade. All I want is Raven." Using Hades' free left hand, she pointed at Raven that made Blade, Maura, and Reo-sensei flinch.

"What the hell are you talking about right now?" Blade looked at Raven who was already unconscious in his arms.

"Gago ka ba?!" They all looked at someone who suddenly yelled and pointed a finger at Hades. "Ba't ka ba nandito, ha? Kapal naman ng mukha mong tutokan ng baril ang Headmaster! Just who the hell do you think you are?!"

It was Nickalaine Sagurano, a member of The Black Diamonds. Even with her face turning so red because of anger, she just received a bored look from Hades and spoke to her as if she was no human in his eyes.

"You're out of it, you goddamn bitch."

Nicka was surprised and obviously did not see that coming. Maura, on the other hand, could not believe what she just heard from Hades.