Chapter 42: Far From Home

•••••Raven’s POV•••••

“My brother believes that President Sniper’s princess is here. But it’s impossible since matagal na siyang patay.”

We call her ‘princess’ because she isn’t just an ordinary assassin. She’s a demon from a royal blood. Walang kahit sinuman ang makakatalo sa kanya.

Maganda nga ang mga mata mo. You remind me of her.”

Anyway, that’s the point kung bakit ikaw ang napili ko na tumulong sa’kin. Don’t worry, hindi pa naman ako magpapatulong sa’yo ngayon. I’ll ask for your help when the time comes and when you’re ready.”

May sagot ako sa mga tanong na nasa isipan mo at alam kong may hinahanap ka dito sa Blandon High.”

Hindi man lahat alam ko, ngunit, alam kong makakatulong pa rin itong impormasyon na nalalaman ko sa kung ano man iyang pinaplano mo.”

I’ll tell you once the time comes.”

Let’s keep this between us, Ms. Saldoviana. Pakiusap ’wag mo ’tong sabihin kahit sino lalong-lalo na sa kapatid ko. Mas lalo lang siyang magagalit sa’kin.”

I’ll expect for your help. Wala ng iba pang makakatulong sa’kin.

“Raven... I need your help.”

“Ms. Saldoviana, please, you’re my only hope.”

I slowly opened my eyes as I started to feel like someone has whispered in my ear. It took me a few seconds before I realized where I was.

“Why am I... in my room?”

I slowly sat down on my bed, ignoring the pain in my head as I was doing it. When I was able to sit down, I looked around my room.

No one else is here with me and the whole place seems so quiet.

“How did I get in here?”

I tried to remember what happened last. My memory was blurry and I was struggling to recall what happened. I closed my eyes to concentrate and took a deep breath.

I would rather suffer in this Ombrophobia than to be with you right now. I have enough of your fake promises already and I just can not stand being an idiot all the time. I have followed your wishes even if I hated you and my whole freedom to meet new people—to meet friends became the prize.

I hurriedly opened my eyes when I slowly recollected what happened. Ethan saw Blade and I at the mall and he was angry. I said something about his fake promises and I was furious at him as well.

I guess I passed out after saying that. Kung ganun, sino ang nagdala sa akin dito sa kwarto ko? Was it Ethan? Was it Blade?

Now it is your time to follow my wishes, big brother.

“Big brother...” It was my first time calling him that and I wonder what he felt about it.

I looked around my room one last time before gently standing up. I also noticed that my phone was not on the table and it was no where to be found.

Hindi ko rin alam pero bakit napakatahimik ata ng bahay? I understand if my room is quiet because it has always been like this. Pero to the point na parang ang buong bahay ang tahimik? Weird.

More importantly, there is one other thing that has been bothering me. Someone was talking in my dreams and that someone felt like a real person. It was a female’s voice and it was recognizable to me.