Chapter 54: Into His Mind

•••••Raven’s POV•••••

I slowly opened my eyes as a familiar scent reached my nose, and I felt my warm hand on my right cheek.

“Thank goodness! Are you okay, Raven?” I immediately recognized whose voice it was.

“Hands off!” I swiped his hand away from my face and forced myself to sit up straight on the hospital bed.

Unfortunately, my head started to spin again as I did that.

“Don’t move. Sasakit na—”

“Pwede ba, Ethan? Drop the act that you still care about me. You said it yourself na nahihirapan kang maging kapatid ko, so what is the point?” I asked as I looked daggers at him. Though, I knew my eyes were already went back to normal.

“You may be right,” He was sitting on a chair beside me, and he sighed very deeply. “but I never said anything about giving up on you. I’ll still protect you kahit na ilang beses ka pang magalit sa’kin.”

I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms. He was very impossible to deal with. He would never comprehend a thing about me.

“If you want to protect me, let me go back to Blandon High.”

“I won’t allow that,” he said. “Bibigyan kita sa lahat ng gusto mo, except that.”

I felt anger flowing through my veins again. It was very exhausting getting mad at the same person everyday. It was as if he was making fun of me; like, he enjoyed teasing and seeing me mad at him.

“You are not helping me at all. You make me sick.” I was still glaring at him, and I knew he was just trying his best to neglect it. “What I said to you before I lost consciousness... I meant every single word of it.”

“I know,” He just simply nodded very calmly. Who knows if he was just trying to act strong or stupid. “pero hindi pa rin kita hahayaang makabalik do’n sa Blandon High.”

I scoffed. I never wished to have a brother like him. Sometimes, I just wished that they never adopted me.

“You know, akala mo hindi ko alam?” He was quite surprised. “You bought Shimuya Super Malls right after you found out I came there with Blade, did you not?”

His eyes widened in surprise that made me laugh bitterly. I have always known Ethan. He would spend billions of money just to give me what I wanted. Sometimes, bumibili siya ng kompanya at ipapasara ito, eventually kapag nagsasawa na siya.

Ethan is very prominent all around the world. However, his side I consider shady is still hidden from the media.

“Seriously, how cheap can you be? I did not say anything about me wanting to have it for my own.”

“Who knows what happened around you that time, Raven. I just bought that petty mall for your own safety,” he said. I raised a brow at him. “I know that mall isn’t much unlike the ones in other countries. Pero sa susunod na pupunta ka do’n, si—”

“Na ano? That you can control everybody there? That I will be safe? That I can do whatever I want? That I can reserve it all to myself without other people kapag pupunta na ako doon?” I scoffed again. “Pathetic. Now, since you think I am safe here with you, what if I escape from this room and country? Are you going to hire anyone again to shot a tranquilizer dart at me?”