5. Nothing breaks like a heart

"Plan? What plan?", Jimin asks, suddenly concerned. He hasn't even known Taehyung for a whole day and finding out he's his brother isn't any less of a shock.

Taehyung smirks. "I'm coming home with you", he says nonchalantly. Jimin's eyes widen. "What? No! I haven't told appa that I'm bringing a friend", he denies quickly. Taehyung rolls his eyes. "Is Jungkook appa really that scary? Why are you so scared?", he says.

Jimin makes a face. "Did you just call him 'Jungkook appa'"?, he asks, judging hard. Taehyung flushes. "I-I don't know what else to call him!", he whines. Then, "Why're we talking about me? Just text him!", he says hurriedly.

Jimin sighs loudly but takes his phone out. He clicks on Jungkook's chat and starts texting him.

"See? That wasn't hard", Taehyung comments

"See? That wasn't hard", Taehyung comments. Jimin shrugs. "Do you know why they... umm..", he starts softly. Taehyung gets the hint. He shakes his head, frowning.

"I don't know. They look like they were so in love", he says just as gently, looking at the now connected picture. Jimin sighs and without thinking, rests his head on taehyung's shoulder.

He looks at the picture silently. His appa and Namjoon have their heads tilted towards each other, connecting them both. His appa is holding onto Namjoon's jacket with his sweater paws. They aren't smiling too wide but Jimin can see the love shining in their eyes.

"Does your dad have a partner?", he asks. Taehyung hums. "I saw him kissing his colleague once but I'm not sure. He hasn't told me anything", he answers. Jimin rubs at his eyes. "What if he's already in love with him?", he whispers, scared.

Taehyung rubs his shoulder. "I don't think that's the case. He would've told me", he whispers back. Jimin just nods dumbly. He feels like they're aiming blindly in the shadows.

"Do you think it's worth it?", he questions, biting his lip. "Don't you?", taehyung questions back. Jimin just exhales shakily. "I don't know. Maybe they still love each other. But that doesn't mean they necessarily wantto be together", he provides.

"Oh", Taehyung says as realization hits him. He never considered the fact that his parents might not want to be with each other anymore. "We can try", his voice shakes. He's unsure of himself.

All this time living with just Namjoon, he has never felt the need to have another parent. Of course he has wanted to know about his other dad but it wasn't because he thought his life was incomplete or something. It was solely because he was curious.

"What's your plan?", Jimin asks, interrupting his train of thoughts. "Well, nothing", he answers. Jimin whacks his arm, making him wince. "What was that for?!", taehyung complains.

Jimin looks like he wants to skin him alive right there. "You said you had a plan!", he scolds. "My plan is to get them together!", Taehyung argues. Jimin huffs. "You're useless", he mutters.

Taehyung's face immediately falls, all playfulness dissolving with his frown. Oh, how Jimin feels like the biggest asshole on earth. "Tae", he calls softly. Taehyung doesn't answer, just runs his fingers through his hair like he's trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it", he says, tone breaking. Taehyung looks up at that and his lips twitch before he breaks out into barks of laughter. "Oh my god, you're such a scaredy cat", he laughs loudly.

Jimin stares at him incredulously. "Really, Taehyung?", he says as if his expression alone isn't enough. Taehyung just laughs harder, boxy smile on display. It's no secret that Jimin can't stay mad at cute people for long. And Taehyung is literally the cutest.

So it's no surprise that he cracks a smile of his own. "You're cute", he comments. Taehyung stops laughing soon and instead, settles on a beautiful grin. "You're cute, too, Jiminie. Your cheekies look so squishy!", Taehyung says and practically launches his hands on Jimin's cheeks, making him giggle.

Normally, Jimin would be annoyed but Taehyung is his brother. He just feels all warm and safe with him. Taehyung extends his hand for Jimin to take. The shorter male gladly accepts it with a smile, ready to walk home.
_______________________________________

"Calm the fuck down, Jungkook. What is your problem?", Namjoon shouts, annoyed. Jungkook gives him a fierce look. "I need to calm down?! You're the one fucking screaming in the middle of the fucking night", he whisper-yells, mindful of the fact that the boys are sleeping.

"Because you're irritating me!", Namjoon hisses this time. Jungkook squeezes the paper in his hand, trying to calm himself down. "You never give us time, Jungkook! And for what?! For your fucking studio?", Namjoon seethes.

Jungkook looks at him in disbelief. "Are you serious right now?", he scoffs. "Music is my passion, Namjoon! So what if I want to---", "It's not working out!", Namjoon cuts him off "You know it's not. We're running low on money and all you can think about is getting yourself a fucking studio".

Jungkook's mind blanks at that. What Namjoon is saying is 200% true but that doesn't mean it stings any less. His husband has always supported him, no matter what. The fact that he thinks this low about his job is making Jungkook feel dizzy.

"Namjoon", he says, hoping to indicate that he's reached his limit. He can't take anymore discouraging words, not from Namjoon. Unfortunately, it sounds like a warning instead.

"What?! Do you remember the last time you went to the park with Mimi and Tae?", Namjoon bites back. "Hell, I bet you don't even remember the last time you fucked me", he says with a sarcastic laugh.

Jungkook winces, biting the inside of his cheek. He's guilty of that. Namjoon has never been so vulgar with his words. He has never lashed out. Jungkook realizes he probably bottled up everything and today was his last straw.

"You know what?! think you have a side chick or something", Namjoon accuses, he says it like it hurts him to even think about something like that. Jungkook feels disgusted that his husband could even think like this about him.

"I know you're angry but what the fuck? You're accusing me of cheating on you?Are you out of your fucking mind?!", he says angrily. Namjoon scoffs. "Yes, I'm out of my mind. I bet you won't even care it I'm found dead tomorrow", he says in one breath.

"Namjoon!", Jungkook yells, raising his hand as if to slap Namjoon. He stops midway, surprised by his own actions. "Why did you stop? Come on, hit me!", Namjoon hiccups, tears finally streamimg down his cheeks.

"Namjoon...", Jungkook whispers. Namjoon doesn't answer. Instead, he turns around and goes straight to the loft, leaving their bedroom for Jungkook alone.

Meanwhile, the younger curls in on himself by the side of their bed, silent sobs wrecking his already weak body.