26. Come Back Home

"Jungkook—", Namjoon starts but Jungkook puts his index finger on his lips, effectively shutting him up. "Just— just listen to me first. Please", he pleads. Namjoon gulps, nodding, still way too shocked to say anything comprehensive.

"I have no good way of saying this but I fucked up. I fucked up really bad. I never cheated on you, Joon. I would never. It was all an act. Something that I did because I felt helpless and scared. I did it so that it would take you away from me", he confesses, voice cracking as he tries to keep his tears at bay.

"You're not making any sense right now, Jungkook", Namjoon says, hands starting to shake at the unexpected confession. He's still very confused but he has an idea about where this is going. And he doesn't like it one bit.

"The day you caught me cheating, it wasn't something that happened accidentally. I had it all planned out", Jungkook confesses, not being able to meet his ex-husband's eyes. Namjoon looks at him with pure shock.

"What the hell does that mean?!", he exclaims, sitting upright even though his head throbs painfully when he does so. Jungkook bites his lower lip, shame coating each and every fibre of his being.

"What happened was..."

💓

"Kookie, baby, I'm sorry for yesterday. I shouldn't have gotten that mad at you. I made your favorite lunch today---"

Jungkook hears his husband rambling and starts his act, feeling a thousand knives digging deeper and deeper in his heart as he hears Chaeyoung spit out the bullshit he requested her to say.

"What about your husband, Jungkook?", she asks, voice sultry even as she looks worried, her eyes screaming at Jungkook to stop this nonsense. She's begging him to rethink his decision. Jungkook averts his gaze away from her.

"Don't worry about him, baby. He's naive, he won't know about us", he replies, voice cracking at the end. He hopes Namjoon didn't notice. He probably didn't, considering the fact that he still hasn't said anything or even stepped inside.

"Isn't this wrong, though?", Chaeyoung asks and something in Jungkook tells him that she's not just acting when she says that. She actually means it. "It's not. I'm tired of him. He keeps running his mouth about my passion and my career. I'm fed up of him", he replies, a tear falls down his left eye.

"Jungkook!", Chaeyoung shouts as Jungkook falls to his knees, sobbing hysterically once he's sure Namjoon is gone. She quickly opens a bottle of water and holds it to his mouth, trying to calm him down.

Jungkook lightly pushes her hands away, only crying harder, hiccuping every once in a while. "I don't w-want th-this", he cries, more tears falling down his cheeks. Chaeyoung makes quick work of wiping them off but it's of no use because they just keep falling.

"Then you don't have to", she presses, sounding a little guilty, a little desperate. "There's still time, Jungkook. Just tell him this was all an act to drive him away. I'm sure he'll forgive you. You don't have to do this", she tries reasoning.

Jungkook shakes his head, heartbroken but determined. He loves Namjoon. He really does. More than anything in the world. And if loving him means letting him go so that he can be happy again, Jungkook is willing to do that.

💓

"

You fucking idiot...", Namjoon whispers, disbelieving. He reaches for Jungkook's collar, twisting it in his hands, looking at him straight in the eyes. "Jungkook, why the fuck would you do that?!", he exclaims, starting to sob.