29. Stop, This isn't You

"Such a sap", Namjoon mumbles to himself as he stops in front of the restaurant that is now closed. Strange Love. That's what it's called.

Two days after their honeymoon in Jeju, Jungkook had taken Namjoon to this brand new restaurant that had just opened. He had then made Namjoon listen to Two Men in Love by The Irrepressibles which later became 'their' song. Everyone and their mothers knew how special this song was to them.

Riding around Seoul behind Jungkook's motorbike used to be the best part of Namjoon's weekends. They weren't rich in any way but going to their favorite (cheap) restaurant, listening to their song, goofing around in Jungkook's bike. That was enough to bring them happiness.

When did they change? When did they focus so much on the waves breaking on the shore that they forgot their actual color? When did they drift apart? When did 'being in love' become a memory?

When did the waves turn white? When did their love turn white? When did they forget what color their love was?

Why did they only remember the heartbreak and not the love itself?

💓

"Love, can you pass me the blender?", Jungkook asks, mixing the chocolate inside the bowl he's holding. Namjoon snorts. "You'll never stop calling me love, huh? So fucking sappy", he teases and opens the lower shelf of their crammy kitchen cupboard, taking out the blender and passing it to Jungkook.

They're currently making a chocolate ganache cake for their first wedding anniversary. Okay, Jungkook is making the cake while Namjoon is just watching him from behind, purposefully annoying him from time to time.

"As if you don't call me hubbiebun. That's so fucking cheesy", he bites back. Namjoon gasps, offended. "How could you insult such a sweet and creative nickname I made especially for you?!", he exclaims.

Jungkook doesn't see it coming when Namjoon lifts a handful of whipped cream sitting idle in a bowl and slaps it on his face. "What—", Jungkook says, startled. Namjoon giggles happily, content with having caught his husband off-guard.

Jungkook wipes his face with a paper towel and throws Namjoon the most dirtiest look he has ever seen in his life. Feeling betrayed, he dips his hand into the excess flour left in the container, grabbing a handful.

Namjoon's eyes widen and he shrieks, running around the counter to get to the living room, laughing as Jungkook follows him, holding out his hand full of flour. Namjoon is fast but Jungkook is faster so it surprises exactly no one when Jungkook catches up to him and instead of rubbing the flour on Namjoon's face, just spills it on his hair.

According to Jungkook, Namjoon is too beautiful to have his face ruined by the flour.

If they simply giggled and cuddled inside their blankets that night instead of having some hot anniversary sex (like they had originally planned), no one has to know about it.

💓

Namjoon can't hide his shock when he sees his father coming towards him with a smug smile on his face. "Appa, what are you doing here?", he asks. "Why, baby? Am I not an important person in your life?", he feigns sadness.

Namjoon rolls his eyes. "You're so dramatic and for what? I don't know what Jungkook is doing. Why is he making me go round and round and round? And where the hell is Seokjin? I feel like a runaway groom", he whines.

Nostalgia || NamkookOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara