28. Two Men in Love

Namjoon is fixing his tie when he gets a call from Seokjin. "Hello?", he speaks into the phone, cuffing his sleeves. "You're not gonna back out, are you?", the other asks. Namjoon huffs. "Of course not. This is what you want and I want you to be happy. You've done so much for me, hyung. I owe you", he says honestly.

"Good, because if you don't get married today, I'll have no choice but to hold your hand and take you to the altar myself", Seokjin says calmly. Namjoon frowns. "That wasn't funny, hyung", he chastises. Seokjin clicks his tongue. "It isn't supposed to be. I'm serious".

The frown on Namjoon's face only hardens. "You're being weird. I'll meet you outside", he says and is about to hang up before changing his mind and saying, "And don't you worry. I am getting married today and I have no plans of changing my mind".

"He's weird", Namjoon mumbles to himself. If he's being honest, everything is weird, now that he notices it. No one came to get him. Not even his dad. He can't even hear any guests chattering outside. And on top of it all, Taehyung hasn't come to see him at all.

It doesn't feel like there's a wedding taking place. 

He waits for a few minutes, waiting for someone to come get him. Weirdly enough, no one comes. Sighing, Namjoon gets out of the chair, walking out of the dressing room. Nothing could've prepared him for the shock of his life when he sees the whole ground empty, though.

"What the fuck?", he mumbles to himself, brain malfunctioning when he sees the empty seats. He had asked for a small wedding, with the least amount of guests possible. He didn't ask for no one to come, including his family and the groom himself.

He pulls out his phone, dialing Seokjin's number. "Oh my god, pick up!", he exclaims when the phone rings for the seventh time and Seokjin doesn't pick up. What the hell is happening? Is he inside a dream? If that's really the case, he just wants to wake up.

"I'm gonna scream", he whispers, panicking a little. Before he can actually scream, though, a dog comes rushing towards him, bumping into his leg. It takes Namjoon a few moments to realise that it's Gureum. The maltese he and Jungkook adopted two months after moving in together.

"Baby", he says softly, overcome with emotions he hadn't visited in so many years. Crouching down, he soft pets the white fur on the dog's body. After their separation, they had decided to give the puppy to Namjoon's dad, not wanting to deal with the memories that came with him.

Gureum has grown so much since then. He's no longer as small as Namjoon remembers him to be. He's a big boy now. Namjoon hadn't really tried to stay in touch with the dog so he doesn't know how Gureum still recognises him.

When he's busy petting the dog, something on his neck catches his attention. It seems like a piece of paper. Frowning, Namjoon gently takes it out of his leash and upon further inspection, he realizes it's actually a plain white envelope.

He opens the envelope and pulls out the neatly folded paper inside it. His heart starts thrumming loudly inside his chest when he catches a glimpse of the letter's contents. Gulping, he starts reading the seemingly short letter.

"Namjoon,

I know this is weird. But please don't panic. This is my last attempt to win you back. I'd never force you into doing anything. I'm just asking you for a favor, a big one, if you're willing to do it for me. I promise I'll not bother you if you refuse. Just give me a call".

Namjoon inhales sharply. He already knows who has written this letter from the handwriting but he's still confused. Why now? Why today? Shaking his head, he reads further.