18. Wedding Shopping

"Dad, let's go shopping!", Taehyung says excitedly. Namjoon raises an eyebrow. "Suddenly?", he asks. Taehyung rolls his eyes. "You're getting married! We need to get you brand new suits and casual clothes!", he insists, cringing at himself.

Namjoon smiles a little. At least Taehyung isn't apprehensive to the idea of him getting married anymore. He ignores the guilt crawling in his heart. This is what he wants. This is good for everyone.

"Alright. Get dressed and we can head out", he says. Taehyung is about to run upstairs before he remembers the second part of his and Jimin's plan. "Hey, don't you think you should invite Seokjin-ssi, too?", he proposes.

Namjoon looks at him in surprise. "Seokjin? Why?", he questions. Taehyung makes a face. His dad can be so dense sometimes. "Dad, come on. You guys are getting married. You can just shop together. You can even spend more time with each other!", he exclaims, trying to make Namjoon see his point.

Namjoon seems skeptical about it but agrees eventually. He dials Seokjin's number (Taehyung assumes) and walks towards his room. Taehyung quickly turns around to pull out his phone.

"Jimin, I managed to get Dad to agree to go to shopping with me and his would be husband", he rolls his eyes at that before continuing. "Send me the address now. Yes, thank you. We'll be there", he says and quickly hangs up.

"You ready?", Namjoon asks. Taehyung almost drops his phone in surprise. "Y-Yes", he answers, smiling awkwardly. Namjoon scans him from head to toe, frowning. He raises his hand and keeps the back of it on Taehyung's forehead.

"Are you sick, baby?", he asks worriedly. Taehyung frowns in confusion. "Why?", he asks. Namjoon shrugs. "You didn't even change your clothes, honey", he says as a matter of fact.

Taehyung goes red in the face, embarassed. He totally forgot about that! "I look good in anything! Now come or else we'll be late!", he says, pulling onto Namjoon's sleeve to get him outside the house.

Once they're outside, Namjoon chokes on his own spit. "Appa?!", he shouts, shocked. "Appa!", Taehyung exclaims happily, a total contrast to his father's reaction.

Namjoon eyes him incredulously. This boy! He didn't even bother telling him that his grandfather is going to come with them! What shocks him most is not just his father standing in front of his car but the fact that he's standing there with Seokjin!

Namjoon is going to scream.

"Appa? Why are you here?", he asks, unable to keep the utter shock out of his tone. His father rolls his eyes. "Why? I can't come with my son for his wedding shopping?", he asks.

Namjoon sighs. "You can but you need to tell me first. Don't your knees hurt?", he asks gently, now worried about his health. His father gives Seokjin a sympathetic look who looks like he wants to laugh. Hard. Namjoon will probably kill him if he does.

"This is what you have to deal with, Seokjin. You can still back out", he whispers. Loudly. Seokjin snorts, coming forward to escort Namjoon to the car. "Thank you for the advice, Abeoji but I plan on keeping him forever", he says softly, wrapping an arm around Namjoon's shoulder who blushes.

The hold man coughs to get them to separate. "Let's go if you're done with all the touchy feely stuff couples do nowadays", he rolls his eyes. Beside him, Taehyung pats his arm. "You're supposed to say 'shit', Appa", he whispers.

"I heard that!", Namjoon snorts. "Stop teaching my father your slangs, Taehyung-ah". Seokjin laughs quietly. Taehyung side eyes him when no one's looking.

"Hey, Taehyung. Can I ask you something?", Seokjin asks when they're inside the car. He's sitting beside Namjoon, on the passenger seat, which Taehyung totally did not approve of but had to push down his protests. He still has a goal to pursue.

"Sure", he answers curtly. "Why do you call your dad's appa, appa? Wait, does that sound like it makes sense?", he asks, making the three others laugh. Taehyung quickly catches himself in the act. No! He can't be wooed by Seokjin's quirks.

"I honestly don't know. I guess I heard dad calling him Appa and then I started calling him Appa as well. It just never changed as the years went by", he answers, smiling to himself. He's been asked that question a lot.

"That's really cute", Seokjin comments. Taehyung only hums. "I noticed you've already started calling my Appa, Abeoji. What's that about?", Namjoon then asks Seokjin. His father answers for him.

"Well, I met him outside your house your home and asked him to start calling me Abeoji. He's really funny. I've always wanted a son in law with a good sense of humor, you know? It didn't happen last time so I thought Seokjin could make up for it", he says with a hint of bitterness lacing his voice.

Namjoon's face stones. "Appa..", he sighs. "What? He didn't deserve you anyway", his father says stubbornly. "Enough, Appa. I don't wanna talk about him right now", he says, ignoring the guilt that creeps up his chest at the mention of his ex husband.

He doesn't look at Seokjin for the rest of the drive.

When they finally reach the store Taehyung specifically requested them to go to, Namjoon panics a little. "Taehyungie, don't you think this place might be a little too expensive?", he asks quietly so that only his son will hear.

Taehyung assures him with a kind smile. "No, dad. This place looks expensive but the clothes don't cost too much. Only the custom made clothes are out of our budget. And we're here to buy ready made suits so don't worry".

Namjoon doesn't believe him completely but decides to follow Taehyung anyway. The most that can happen is that they don't buy anything. That's it. Not much of a problem.

"Seokjin, you go with Taehyung to pick out your clothes and I'll help Namjoonie", his father says. Taehyung is about to agree when he recieves a message from Jimin.

Make sure your dad stays away from his would be husband for the time you guys are here.

Needless to say he's never agreed so fast to do something.

"Joon-ah, I'm gonna go check out there and you can look here", his father says and Namjoon nods, already setting up to find the best suit for the wedding day.

Sejin walks around the other side of the shop when someone runs right into him. His big form saves him from tumbling down but the man who just ran into him does not have the same luck, unfortunately.

Sejin goes to quickly offer his hand to the person before realizing who he is. Retreating his hand back as if he's been burned, he fixes the man with a hard glare.

"Jeon Jungkook".

Ahhhhh i love this! And yes, i did make Sejin Namjoon's father again lol

Ahhhhh i love this! And yes, i did make Sejin Namjoon's father again lol. I don't have enough creativity to come up with new names or the energy to look up names on the internet.