30. A Promise of Forever

"Seokjin hyung?"

Namjoon barely whispers, shell-shocked. He was expecting to see Jungkook. What is Seokjin doing here? Does he know about this quest Jungkook put him through? Why is he-

"Appa? Tae? Jimin? Park Seonsaengnim...", Namjoon trails off as he sees them all stepping into the living room of his and Jungkook's first house. They look a little sheepish, a little smug as they quickly pass by him and disappear into the lawn. It's safe to say that Namjoon is thoroughly confused.

"What is happening?", he questions, looking at Seokjin with big, shiny eyes. Seokjin smiles at him. "Told you, Namjoonie, I'll hold your hand and take you to the altar myself", he says, gently grabbing Namjoon's wrist and walking him to the lawn.

Huh?

Namjoon can only stare in shock, mouth hanging open. Is this some kind of joke? "Hyung, where are you taking me? Do you know what Jungkook's planning? Why didn't you show up? Why did no one show up? Oh my god, were you kidnapped? If that's the case then-"

His words come to an abrupt stop when he takes in his surroundings.

"What the actual fuck?", he curses out loud. In front of him, is a fairly big altar and the whole lawn is decorated with ribbons and flowers. Lavender. His favorite. But that's not what has him shocked out of his mind. On the altar, stands the one and only:

Jeon Jungkook.

He's smiling, looking nervous. Just a little so that it's not really noticeable but Namjoon has known this man forever. He knows when Jungkook keeps fixing his tie, keeps looking at the ground, keeps looking at whatever he's holding in his hand, it means he's nervous.

"I don't understand...", Namjoon trails off. He thought the others were in the lawn but there's no trace of anyone other than him, Seokjin and Jungkook. He turns to look at the older, desperate eyes pleading for answers. He's just so confused.

Seokjin simply smiles at him. The same kind smile he once thought he could fall for. "Namjoonie, I love you. I love you so much you can't even imagine. But someone told me that loving sometimes requires letting go", he looks at Jungkook from the corner of his eyes.

"I wanted to be yours but it wouldn't be fair to either of us because you didn't want to be mine. I don't know what you feel for him, if you wanna be with him again. But there's one thing I can tell you, that man loves you one hell of an amount. And I want you to be happy. If he's what you want, I'm happy to let you go. I'll learn to be happy in your happiness, Namjoon-ah. It's your time. Listen to your heart".

A single tear rolls down Seokjin's right eye and he chuckles wetly. Cupping Namjoon's face, he presses a kiss to his forehead. Pulling back, he stares deep into Namjoon's shining, worried eyes. "Hyung-", Namjoon starts but Seokjin just shakes his head with another beautiful grin.

He takes Namjoon's hand in his and slowly walks him down the aisle, towards the altar where Jungkook is waiting for him. When they finally reach Jungkook, Seokjin smiles at him before turning to Namjoon. "Listen to your heart. You deserve to be happy", he whispers.

Namjoon hears him going back but he can't bring himself to take his eyes off of the man standing in front of him. His ex-husband. He winces internally. God, that still hurts. How can one Jeon Jungkook have so much power over him, Namjoon will never know.

"Well, aren't you going to speak?", Namjoon asks hesitantly after ten minutes of complete silence, Jungkook fiddling with whatever he has in his fist. The younger finally looks up at him, nervous eyes staring right into Namjoon's conscience.

"I- I'm sorry for all of this but I just-", he pauses to take a deep breath. He has to do this right. This is his only chance at winning Namjoon back. "I talked to Seokjin two days ago", he confesses. Namjoon nods, letting Jungkook know that he's listening.