Sunny Day

Chapter 1

Cali Woods

"What about him? He's cute, eh?" My Southern best friend, Lily, asked me for the sixth time in a row.

Honestly, every single guy at this college would be considered lucky to even be rated a five, Lily, however, was rating them all an eight or nine.

"Not to bum your mood but he's a four." I simply said as I fixed my dress and repositioned the books I was holding, it got more and more uncomfortable the more we walked the campus.

Lily huffed and picked up her schedule that fell from her hands. Getting back up she tossed her long golden hair over her shoulder, "What's not to like about that?" She gestured her manicured fingers at the college guy who was involuntarily picking a wedgy.

I rolled my eyes, "The belly, the cigarette he's holding, his five o'clock shadow, oh and don't forget the way he keeps touching his crouch." I frowned as Lily merely shrugged.

Continuing our walk to first period Lily began babbling about hot guys and how I had bad taste. In these cases it's best to ignore her so I won't start fuming and lose another friend. Lily grabbed my arm roughly, causing my mocha to slip from my straw and run down my hand. I groaned as I quickly licked it off my finger, turning my attention to her.

Her face was of adoration and she was biting her lip-this only happened when she saw a ten-rolling my eyes once again I looked at the college boy she had found.

I nearly dropped my cup, spluttering up the hot mocha. Her hot pink nails were pointed in the direction of a dark alleyway between the gymnasium and library. Leaning against the brick wall was a man, rather big whose eyes were locked solemnly on...me.

His intense gaze held me in place as he grounded out his cigarette with his boot. Finally, tearing his eyes from me he stepped out of the shadows of the alleyway and began heading in our direction. As he got closer I noticed his 'bigness' was merely all muscle. His gray long-sleeve hugged all of his muscles, his long legs were clad in dark jeans-his body was definitely a ten. My eyes traveled up his magnificent body until I reached his face, I gasped at his Italian traits. Tan, olive skin with dark hair and hazel eyes. His cheekbones looked as if they were sculpted, his full lips were a light pink with a lip piercing, and his dark eyebrows added to his icy stare, his eyes held secrets...dark secrets.

As he passed Lily and I, butterflies erupted in my stomach at the little wink he gave me. Watching his retreating back I saw the slight ink of a tattoo on his back that peeked out from the top of his shirt.

My legs seemed to turn to jello at the sight of him and my mouth suddenly became dry, he was absolutely breathtaking. Lily grabbed a hold of my sleeve and jumped up and down, "What do you rate that?"

I opened and closed my mouth, licking my lips, my voice came out husky and hoarse, "Uhm-ten?"

She slapped my arm causing an 'ow' from me, she shot me an amused smile, "He was a one hundred plus infinity. Good lord he was fine. He was at least six four! I bet he talks Italian in the most sexy way- oo did you see his body?"

Lily began rambling on about his Italian looks and how dreamy he was. I actually began to ignore her after she started talking sex. She never knew when to stay quiet.

People began to give her disapproving looks as they heard her, others gave dreamy looks-mostly guys.

"I'll see you at the bakery tonight right?" Lily asked as she retracted from the hug she gave me.

Unfortunately, Lily and I didn't have first period together, "Of course. See you later."

"Bye doll!" She said as she headed down the sidewalk, earning ogling stares from many men at her short sun dress and cow girl boots.

I turned on my heels and headed towards my own building.

I opened the double doors of a building on the campus and was suddenly on the ground. My butt bounced on the sidewalk and I groaned. My books had spread across me and my drink was lying next to me on the ground, pouring out in a slow stream. I huffed as I stood and picked up my books.

"Oops sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." A voice said from behind me. It sounded rather cold, like he didn't enjoy a bright and sunny day or apologizing to people. He wiped the front of his shirt, my mocha was currently dripping from his sports tee. His chest was broad, stretching out his GreenBay Packers tee. I trailed my eyes up to his face, he was blonde with light curls along with sun kissed skin and a strong jaw line. His eyes were a bright blue and once he finally looked at me his lips turned from a frown to a crooked smirk, "I'll let the drink slide since you're so attractive and I find myself lucky to have ran into you."

"Literally." I mumbled to myself as I picked up the remains of my drink and threw it in the nearest trash can.

Blondie picked up the rest of my books but didn't hand them over to me, "My names Jackson."

I blew a strand of brown hair that fell from my bun and peered up at him, he was tall and the sun blinded my eyes as I tilted my head back, "I'm Cali. Sorry for..." I gestured towards his shirt and gave him an apologetic smile.

He seemed distracted as he handed me my books and ripped a paper out of the spiral notebook in his hand. He felt his pockets and sighed when he didn't find what he was looking for, he looked back down at me and smirked, retreating the pencil from its place on my ear. He scribbled down a number and handed it over to me, "Call me sometime, Cali." He drawled my name to make it sound sexy and stepped down from the threshold, walking past me.

I would definitely not be calling that jerk anytime soon.

Readjusting my books and fixing my slightly dis-shelved dress I reopened the door, watching out for another big man who was bound to run into me. Seeing that the coast was clear I headed down the hallway in hopes of my very first day of college to be dapper.

+