Trickster

Chapter 32

Cali Woods

"Lily?" I questioned, "What is this?"'

Lily poked her in inside the dressing room and looked at the dress she had chose, "It looks better than I imagined!" She twirled her finger, "Turn."

I did as told.

"You actually have a butt, Cali!" Lily joked.

I rolled my eyes and twirled the dress around my thighs, "It's a little short, don't you think? If I bend over everyone will see my butt."

Lily shrugged and inspected her chipped nails, "Wear underwear."

I face palmed myself and sighed loudly, "Lily-"

"Alright, alright. Don't worry, I'll find another one, mother." Lily disappeared from the dressing room, her heels clicking as she walked to the clothing rack.

We had been at this dress store for two hours, trying to find the perfect dress. Lily had found one during the first thirty minutes we arrived. She had settled on a long floral maxi. It complimented her tanned skin and blonde hair.

Lily insisted that I wore a shirt dress to show off my 'killer' legs. Twenty dresses later and I had yet to find one.

We had arrived home yesterday, Dante had dropped me off at my apartment and told me to pack some things for the next couple of days while he tracked Cody. I would've argued but living in a mansion for a month or two with an Italian god didn't sound so bad.

The two boys were out doing who knows what. Knowing Dante I knew he had a closet full of tux's and I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel did either. The dropped Lily and I off and hadn't checked in yet, I'm guessing they're busy.

"How bout this?" Lily asked shoving a short blue dress at me.

I had to lean back to stop it from hitting my face.

I shut the door behind her and tore off the shirt dress she had given me before and switched it with the blue one.

It hung around my thighs, not too short and not awkwardly long for a beach wedding. You either went floor sweeping long or thigh short: wishes from the bride. The navy blue dress held a white bow around the waist, adding to the spectacular factor and fabric of the dress. I twirled in the mirror, liking how the dress moved with me and didn't stick to my butt.

I had finally found it.

Lily appeared seconds after I made my decision, a sucker between her lips, "Well?"

"I love it!" I gushed, standing on my tippy toes in excitement.

Lily clapped her hands in mockery and wiped fake sweat from her brow, "Thank goodness! My legs were starting to hurt."

I pointed down to her wedged heels, "I told you heels weren't a good idea for shopping."

Lily stuck her tongue out at me, "Ladies wear heels at all times."

I rolled my eyes and unzipped the dress, "Whatever."

Lily laughed, "Hurry up, the boys are outside."

~

Dante took my dress from my hands and walked ahead of me towards his mansion, "What kind of dress did you buy?"

I looked at him a little stunned, is he seriously concerned about my dress?

I gave him a skeptical look and took the bag from his hand, "It's a surprise." I whispered, adding an additional wink.