twelve

The team had gathered around a table at a local bar and restaurant and were finishing up their appetizers before moving on to drinks. It was close to 8 pm and the bar was pretty busy, filled with loud people and music. 

"Alright, first rounds on me!" Rossi yelled and stood up to grab their beverages. 

The girls were sitting on one side of the table and the guys on the other. Reid was entertaining everyone with a lesson about quantum physics which was met with a lot of raised eyebrows and head rubs. Rossi arrived, placing all the drinks down on the table. 

"Here we are!" he said loudly over the rest of the room.

 "Oh thank god." JJ said, grabbing her drink and throwing it back.

 "Amen," Kate said laughing, raising her glass before doing the same. 

"Alright, so tell me girls. How was it being undercover girlfriends?" Derek asked curiously while sipping his drink.

 "It was everything you imagined." Emily said, clearly trying to play into his game. "We had wine nights and made out a ton and even had sex, Derek." Emily continued. 

JJ choked on her drink and almost spit it out all over the table, putting her head in her hand. 

"Emily!" She said loudly, but Emily was still staring at Morgan whose eyes were wide and definitely was at her attention.

 "Seriously?" he asked, trying to figure out if Emily was playing him. 

"Of course," Emily responded, shrugging casually and taking a sip of her drink. 

JJ was staring at the table with wide eyes trying to manifest that everyone would move on and think it was a joke. 

"You two are really something," Rossi said, smiling and moving to hold up his glass to a toast. "To closing the case" He said. "Cheers," everyone responded.

A/N- I totally forgot that they hadn't flown home get so Garcia wasn't technically supposed to be with them in the next scene but I don't feel like re-writing it without her so let's just pretend she flew out at some point to help with the case :)

Everyone was spread out across the bar and having fun. JJ had gotten up to play darts with a few men who had challenged her and the guys had collectively decided to help teach Reid how to flirt with women even though he rejected that idea strongly. Emily, Kate, and Garcia were still sitting at the table telling each other dumb stories that seemed hilarious when they were drunk. 

JJ had won the round of darts and said, "Oho sorry gentlemen, maybe next time." She returned to where the ladies were seated and took another sip of her drink. 

"What's so funny over here that I can hear your screeches from across the room?" JJ said laughing. 

"Well, Kate was just explaining that one time, she went out with this guy that told her that he had a job in advertising and then later that week she saw him outside of a deli dressed as a sandwich!" Garcia said between wheezes, doubling over with laughter. 

"Ya, not my proudest moment." Kate said with a disgusted face. 

"So, Jayje, what have you been up to?" Emily turned and asked JJ when suddenly she felt Emily's hand on her inner thigh underneath the table. 

She looked at the brunette with wide eyes as to ask, 'what are you doing?', but she really didn't mind. 

"Um," JJ said, trying to keep her focus on the conversation and off of Emily's hand, which was softly stroking her skin and moving higher and higher to the edge of her dress. "I was just playing darts." JJ said heavily.