Hi (Bryce x Jaden)

{ANGST}

Jaden's pov...

"Hi it's Bryce! I can't talk right now but leave a message, I won't listen to it but do it for fun." Bryce's muffled voice speaks through the phone, making me sigh sadly and wait for the beep.

"Hi Bry, I know you won't get this but I need to speak to you." I mumble quietly into the phone, taking a deep shaky breath. My whole world comes crashing down and the stray tears only make my vision blurry, the pit in my stomach making me want to throw up with fear.

"I-I'm sor-ry, I didn't mean for t-this to happen. I just w-want you to come back, I want t-to feel your arms wrap a-around me and I want you to be beside me a-at night when it's lonely. I-it can't happen though and it's a-all my fault!" I sob into the phone speaker, the empty walls to our apartment making my sobs echo.

Everything feels like it's stopping, like nothing matters anymore. The stars in the night sky twinkling softly and the cold breeze drifting through the open balcony doors.

"Thanks for making my life worthwhile, thank you for giving me the best adventures and experiences of my shitty life. I'm sorry I couldn't be there quick enough and help you, I know you needed me. I know I was being a stupid bitch when I yelled at you. I hope you k-know that what I said wasn't true and was only from my angry state. I wish I told you how much you meant to me sooner. I wish a lot of things now and I know none of them will come true." I ramble out in one breath before the message is over and my phone has turned off, the silence creeping over my body. The loneliness overpowering my system, my heart being suffocated with darkness and pain, my lungs feeling trapped under a cage with no way of getting out.

——

"Hi" I breath out, placing the rose down on the dirt bed, stepping back to look around. I just stare at the engraved writing on the tomb, 'Bryce Hall' 'A loving son, brother, and friend.'

I laugh lightly knowing Bryce would be shaking his head from the words, knowing that that's not what he would have put on his tombstone. I straighten the flowers around his grave and dust off any dirt that's creeping onto the stone slab.

"I love you Brycy."

(422 words)