Chapter 3: Truth

Dezmin was still sleeping when me and Leah got back to the nurse's office. Liam was still at the head office trying to call someone to get us out of this storm. l looked out the window and saw that it was going crazy out there. l could hear the rain pitter patter on the windows and the roof. l laid down the blankets that Leah had asked me to get. l pulled down one of them on Dezmin when his eyes snapped open.

"Who're you?!" he yelled, and me, obviously surprised, said, "What do you mean?"

"Huh?" Dezmin rubbed his head. Then as he saw Leah, his entire face perked up. "Sis!"

"Oh, Dezmin, You're up." She came over and felt his forehead with her strangely pale hand. "But you still have that fever. So go back to sleep okay?" Dezmin whined at first but then obeyed his sister. "But who's that guy?" He asked. Leah looked at him for a minute. Then she pulled up a blanket and put it over Dezmin. "Oh, he's Rou, one of your classmates whose hand you wouldn't let go the entire time you were asleep." Dezmin stared at Leah for a while, then turned to me and stared at me for even longer.

"W-what?" l asked, a little uncomfortable. "Do l have something on my face?" Dezmin's cheeks went red. Leah giggled a little. Right then, l saw an extremely horrified look on Dezmin's face. Leah saw it as well. He turned over on his side and pulled his covers over his head. "G'night, Sis." Dezmin muttered before Leah led me out of the room. "Sleep well, love." she whispered to him as she closed the door. We walked to the office where we saw Liam on the phone.

"Yeah, l know it's a real storm. Yeah. We're in the school. Still? Yes. Okay. Wait--what? No, repeat that last part." Then there was a pause before Liam started yelling. "ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?! THERE'S A CHANCE OF THE POWER GOING OUT AND YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU GUYS CAN'T GET HERE TILL TOMORROW MORNING?! MY GOD! NO! THAT'S NOT GONNA DO ANY GOOD! NO! LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING! YOU JUST FOCUS ON GETTING US OUT OF HERE, YEAH?!" There was another pause as he took a deep breath and sighed. "Fine. Yeah." He then put down the phone.

"They can't get here?" Leah guessed.

"Yeah." he replied. "We're gonna have to stay here till morning."

Leah looked at Liam with a worried face. "Um, Li?"

"Yeah?"

"It's coming."

Liam's eyes widened. He looked at me then back to Leah. "You're gonna tell Rou?"

"He's gonna find out anyway." she replied. l was utterly confused. What were they gonna tell me?

"It's that close?" Liam asked as she nodded. "l'm gonna be with Dezmin." He ran off towards the nurse's office.

"What are you guys talking about?" l asked Leah. "What's going on?"

Leah bit her lip. "Oh...l don't know where to start." She took a deep breath and started. "Well... it's just that... Dezmin is a..... werewolf."

"Hah?" l said to her. "Am l hearing you right?"

"Yes." She replied. "That's why he fainted the today. And the fever. It's all part of his condition."

Condition? Yeah, l remember her talking to Liam about that.

"His condition?" l asked. Still unsure.

"lt means he's close. To turning."

"Can l ask? How'd all this happen?"

"He... was a werewolf from the moment he was born. He was abandoned by his pack and it was my parents who found him. So we were raised together and he became my little brother."

No wonder they have the same last name. And that conversation too. l guess it makes sense. "So... When you said it was coming.... what did you mean?"