Chapter 10: Harry and Secrets

Both Dezmin and I were really confused as to what that scrap of paper that was in his bag meant. I was incredibly amazed though, because later, Dezmin somehow roped the owner of this motel into letting us stay there without having to pay. I was bewildered but not for long, as it was late and l was incedibly tired from all that walking. The room also only had one bed and Dezmin's mouth was agape and l burst out laughing when i heard his reaction. Although we ended up fighting about who would sleep on the bed, so in the end, we decided that we would rotate every night and the other would sleep on the couch.

l sighed as l woke up for the second time that night. Getting up from the bed, i padded over to the kitchen and got myself a glass of water. l shuddered as a chill passed right by me. I took a deep breath and headed off to bed once again. as l passed the couch, l heard a whimper. Startled, l looked down to see Dezmin's tear stained cheeks and he looked like he was having a nightmare.

"No.. please.. help.."

Upon hearing his words, l knew that something was wrong. l bent down and softly shook his shoulder. "Dezmin?" i whispered. "Hey, Dezmin? Wake up. You're having a nightmare."

Suddenly, a loud gasp escaped his lips and his eyes snapped open. "NO!" He pushed me a bit before recoiling and burying his face in his knees. I could hear sobs coming from him and my heart wrenched in pain to see him like this. Ever so slowly, l made my way towards him and slowly pulled him to me. He curled up onto my lap and immediately clung to my shirt as if his life depended on it. And at the time, l couldn't help but think, maybe to him, his life does depend on it.

A few minutes later, his sobs died down but he was still shaking. I sighed as l rubbed his back absentmindedly and pulling his closer and strenthing my grip around him with each sob that racked his body. Right about then, l could hear soft snores escape. l smiled. He looked like such a child when he was sleeping. I slowly got up and put him in the bed, and went to sleep myself.

l woke up that morning with Dezmin's arms around mine and his head in my chest and our legs were entangled. At first, l didn't give it any thought, but once l got up and went to brush my teeth, l had just realized. l slept with him. Before l knew it, my face was heating up and in the mirror, it was beet red. l walked out of the washroom to see Dezmin rubbing his sleepy eyes. "'Morning.." he mumbled to me.

Aw, he looks so cute!

l blushed at my thought and shook my head. "Good morning." l replied. "Go wash up, Dezmin, and then meet me down for breakfast." he nodded, then walked down to the washroom.

l walked down the stairs of the motel and walked into the kitchen. Anotherreason the owner let us stay here was on the condition that l cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. l washed up and gathered the ingredients and started making food.

An hour or two later, we were in the dining hall with all the guests eating my food. Dezmin was digging into his second plate and l was watching him like the little hawk l was.

"This isn't the first time l've tasted your cooking, is it?" he asked me.

l nodded in response. "When l slept over at your place that one time. You tasted it then too."

He smiled. "You should cook more often."

l groaned. "Why does everyone say that?!"

"'Cause it's the truth." he replied with a smirk.

"Ugh, why did my mother have me as the eldest child?" l groaned, hitting my head against the table. Dezmin chuckled and got up after finishing his food. While he was washing his hands, l felt a tap on my shoulder. l turned around to see a girl with long brown hair that was tied up in a braid, but her twinkling blue eyes caught my eye.