Chapter 13: Memories

"Who are you?"

His strangely feminine voice rung in my ears as I took him in. He was about my height, looked a bit older than me, and had really light blue eyes(of course). His wavy blond hair hung halfway in his face, and his pale coloured arms holding a small flashlight. An awkward silence blanketed the air as both me and Harry refuse to speak. The boy seemed genuinely shocked when he saw Dezmin in my arms, like he wasn't aware that Dezmin was being kept here.

"What the hell?!" He yelled, walking menacingly towards us. "What're you doing with big brother?!"

Now it was our turn to be confused. "What do you mean?!" Harry yelled back. "You're the one who locked him up here!"

"Huh?" The boy stopped in his tracks. "What?"

By that point, both parties were confused as hell.

With furrowed eyebrows, he sat down in front of me, hands in his lap, making Harry, who was in fighting mode, relax.

"Wait, what do you mean big brother was locked up here?" He asked calmly.

"We mean exactly that." Harry answered. "We came here to find him and this is where he was."

"But this is an old prison for rogues and criminals." He stated. "Why would he?..." he stopped and paused. A grim expression made its way onto his face. "No way..." he exclaimed.

"What?" Harry asked.

The boy shook his head. "Mr. Harrison... I can't believe him."

"Who?" I spoke up for the first time.

"Mr. Harrison." He repeated. "Big brother's adoptive father and the Alpha of the pack."

Suddenly, I heard a loud, raging, clanking sound. It was so far away, yet it felt so close. It sounded like rusty chains being scrapped against each other. It hurt my ears. Dezmin shifted, his face contorting into one of discomfort because of the loud sound.

"Shit." The boy said, getting up. "We're in trouble. The sound means that James and his posse are coming. We need to get out of here before he finds us."

Harry and I exchanged looks. Should we trust this guy?

"Hurry, dammit!" The stranger's pleading voice said it all. There was no lie in his voice; just pure sincerity.

I looked to Dezmin's now open eyes. They were in pain. I could tell, and it was like my heart was wrenching out.

"Hey, Dezmin, we need to get out of here." I slowly whispered. "Think you can get up?"

He wearily shook his head. My eyes softened and I wrapped my arms around him, slowly pulling him up. He was unsteady and was leaning heavily on me. I helped him walk all the way to the door that was big, but was embedded into the wall so that no one could tell. The boy led the way and opened the door. Harry let me and Dezmin in first, and then he hovered protectively over us. The blond in front of us led us into a room. It looked like a hotel suite; having two neat beds covered in twin rose coloured duvets, going well with the gold and cream coloured walls. The boy helped me get Dezmin to one of the beds and lay him down. A small whimper escaped his lips as he let go of me. The boy got up and opened another door.

"Lu! Come here!" He yelled.

An older boy with straight black hair with blue streaks walked in, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "Eh? Whad'ya want, Matt?"

His eyes widened as he saw me and Dezmin.

"Damn, I got work, don't I?" He said, worry sweeping his voice.