Chapter 15: Mate and Mother

Liam wrapped his arms tighter around Hunter as he stumbled across the eerie quiet hallway.

"We need to get you to a doctor, fast." Liam said to Hunter, who was now heavily breathing.

Hunter shook his head. "Werewolves heal fast. You don't need to worry."

Liam contemplated it, but disagreed. "Even so, you still are in no shape to be moving around. I reckon you still feel the pain, don't you?"

Knowing that Liam had hit bullseye, Hunter just kept quiet and tried to swallow his pain. The blood had stopped flowing as Liam had staunched it with his jacket.

Liam saw that flow of movement and bit his lip. He had no idea where to go. "Hunter, do you know any place with people that we can trust?"

"I know people," Hunter said in between breaths, "But no place."

Liam bit his lip again, but this time, he was pulled back by a door opening. Hunter let out a yelp as the person who was holding him up was being pulled back, which resulted in him falling into the room on top of Liam's russet figure.

The door closed and a low mumble of an apology was heard. The lights were closed off so they couldn't see very well. Hunter had no problem with that, as he could see in the dark, but Liam's arms had a firm grip on him that prevented him from moving. And Liam wasn't about to let go of his injured companion till he knew for a fact that they were in no mortal danger.

"Crap!" a soft voice echoed. "Is that blood I smell?"

Hunter scrunched his face up. "Hey, is that," he began, "Are you the healer kid?"

A small white light was flickered on by Luke, whose blue streaked hair stood out against the small light. "Sorry for the rough call, but I needed to get to you before anyone else." he said, before sniffing the air again, and looking to the werewolf in Liam's arms. "Hunter, are you bleeding?"

Liam removed his hands to inspect Hunter and sure enough, the blood had started flowing again. Luke tsked and slowly looked to Liam for confirmation to touch him. Luke brought his pale hands up to Hunter's bleeding shoulder and closed his eyes. Hunter took a sharp intake of air and silently clung onto Liam's hand, his finger nails digging in deeply. Liam then moved his hand and rubbed Hunter's arm in an effort to relax him, but he had no idea what his blue haired classmate was doing. Liam looked up and his brown eyes observed something he had never seen before. Under Luke's touch, the broken skin was repairing itself and the blood stopped flowing. Luke moved down and did the same to the brown haired werewolf's leg.

Once he had finished, Hunter finally let go of Liam's hand and sighed in relief.

"Stevens, just what are you? And how did you find us?" Liam questioned the blue haired man.

Luke raised his eyebrow and shrugged. "I'm a healer of sorts." he replied. "And Dezmin sniffed you out. He said that he sensed Hunter's and your presence. That's why I'm here." He then got up and pointed to the ground. Clicking a small tile, the wood floor slid away, revealing a staircase. "Come on, let's go before the others find you. Whether you know it or not, the scent of Hunter's blood was quite evident." Luke said, then looked to Hunter, who was getting up. "And Hunter? Might wanna get Liam to help you. I may have closed your wounds, but my healing paralyses the area for a while."

Upon hearing his words, Liam immediately made a grab for Hunter when the said werewolf pushed himself up. Hunter groaned in frustration as he realized he was even more immobilized than before. His leg and arm lay limp as Liam held him up.

Hunter mentally decided right then and there for everything to be screwed. He let Liam help him down the staircase when a small gold light illuminated his vision. He heard Luke open a door and mention for Liam to bring them there. Hunter unconsciously felt his body moving, but something wasn't right. He couldn't feel anything! His body was moving on his own and that golden light was fogging his vision. Inside the door that Luke opened, he could make out four different people, but he didn't know who they were. A black haired male was sitting on the bed with a dark brown haired man standing beside him. A taller blond was there too, and he was heading over to them, Hunter could tell.