Chapter 14: Feelings and Father

I felt a certain pang of guilt as he lay there, unconscious. Well, he was only sleeping but I was still worried. The cuts and bruises on his arms didn't help to reassure me, either. Matt came in with a glass of water and handed it to me.

"Please, have something." He told me. "It's not god for you to keep on refusing food like this."

I nodded and drowned the water in mouth in one gulp. "Sorry. I've just been anxious lately."

"It's understandable." He replied, taking a seat on the carpeted floor in front of me. "I can tell that you haven't been involved in our business for a long time, eh?"

I chuckled. "Am I that obvious?"

He smiled in return. "Only to me. I notice things that most don't. It's part of my power."

"Power?" I questioned.

"Almost everyone who belongs to this pack has a special power." He told me, his voice being lowered. "Dezmin's are his power as the White Wolf, Hunter's is some sort of telekinesis, mine is to sense people's emotions, and Lu's is healing. Do you know Harry's?"

I shook my head.

Matt sighed and smiled. "He has his touch. If he wills it, he can turn anything he touches into ice."

My eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

"Yup." He replied. "It's pretty cool, isn't it?"

"What's cool?" Harry asked as he walked in with a wet wash cloth.

"Your power." Matt told him. "I was telling Rou about it."

"Oh. It's nothing special." He replied, walking over to Dezmin who was in the bed behind me. He touched his forehead and tsked. He put the compress on him and whispered yelled to Luke who walked in a few seconds earlier. "He's got a fever for sure."

I felt Dezmin's hand grasp mine which I was using to lean on the bed. I realized that Harry was right. Dezmin's hand was incredibly hot and he was sweating. "Is it because of his wounds?" I asked Luke who nodded in return.

"It sucks that he's the only one I can't use my ability on." Luke said with a shake, running a hand through his black hair. "He would've been all healed already, then."

I tilted my head in confusion and let out a small squeak as Dezmin grasped my hand tighter. All eyes went on me and then to Dezmin. He was letting out shallow breaths and beads of sweat were dripping off his forehead.

Then he whispered a single word that made my hair stand on end.

"Help..."

"Dezmin?" I stepped up on my knees to face him. "What's wrong?"

He just shook his head and tightened his hold on my hand, as if I was going to disappear. Actually, the way things were looking now, he looked like he was going to disappear. I shook him as he thrashed in his sleep.

"Dezmin, wake up!" Luke yelled, coming up behind me.

A cry erupted from his mouth and I saw the same thing that I had seen before. Him transforming.

White fur erupted from his arms and he writhed in his sheets. His limbs twisting, face morphing and back arching. I wanted to avert my eyes, but when he stopped turning, his face turned to see me.

What shocked me was that his eyes weren't blue.

"Who is that?" I unknowingly asked.

Luke and Harry looked at me confused. "What're you talking about, Rou?" Luke asked. "Maybe you haven't seen him turn before, but this is Dezmin."