Chapter 4: Snow Wolf and Toby

"And it's a heck of a lot of trouble you've gotten yourself into this time, snow wolf."

The pale faced girl looked so goth with her short black top and skirt. l seriously don't understand how girls can wear that kind of stuff.

Dezmin put me down, but he had his arm held protectively around me.

"Oh?" the guy said, walking closer towards us. "You seem to like that human quite a lot." Dezmin growled at him, making the stranger laugh. "Feisty, much?" he said. Then, right before my eyes, the man tackled Dezmin to the ground, making me be thrown across the grass and hitting my back against my back. l saw a worried Dezmin run to me before everything went black.

*

l slowly opened my eyes and came face to face with that strange guy from earlier. Although, his face and mine were too close for comfort. Startled, l jumped back, hitting my back against the wall. Ugh, that was twice now. My back's sore.

"What?" the guy said. "Don't like me?"

"Like hell no!" l yelled at him. "Where am l and who are you?!"

"Well, l'm known as Hunter." he replied, getting up and moving closer to me. "As for where you are... well, you're in our pack house."

Pack house? l remembered what had happened before. "Dezmin! Where's Dezmin?!"

Hunter laughed. "Calm down." he said. "That little pup is fine now." he snickered and had this evil glint in his eyes. A scary feeling began to form deep in my stomach.

"What do you mean?" l asked him, fear cracking my voice. That just made him laugh even more.

"We just..." began a voice from behind Hunter. l saw that it was that pale girl from before. "...just put him to sleep, is all."

"You did what?!" l yelled. "How?"

"Knocked him out." she replied. "lsn't that kind of obvious? That puppy was being rebellious to his elder siblings. We had to show him some manners."

Okay, just saying, l felt like ripping that girl's hair out. But before l could lunge for her, something she said caught my ears. "Siblings?" l asked. "What're you talking about? The only sibling Dezmin has is his big sister, Leah."

"Katherine meant his real siblings." Hunter spoke up. "See our wolf pack? lt's that puppy's home."

"What?" l was utterly dumbfounded. "But his pack left him, didn't they?"

"We did." they both replied, cooly. lf there was anything in my reach then l would've thrown it at these people. "You see, he's known as the Snow Wolf. Obviously because of his white fur. White fur isn't common around here. Actually, its rare altogether. White wolves are known to be the superior wolves. But that isn't true. That pup is proof. He couldn't do anything. Not run, not escape, not fight, not even basic duties such as cooking or cleaning! He was a total failure. And he still is. He couldn't even protect you-" He fell back with a thud.

"Hunter!" the Katherine girl scrambled over to him and saw that there was blood on his face. Her eyes then connected with mine and l could see fear in hers. l looked at my fist that had just collided with Hunter's face. l was amazed with myself. l've never had the need to punch anyone before. But right now, l was boiling with anger.

"l don't care what you guys do to me or anything else. l don't give a fuck! But don't you dare talk shit about him like you fucking know him. You assholes abandoned him. You have no right whatsoever to talk that way about him." l walked right past them and out the door. l have no idea where my confidence came from but wherever it came, l thank it. l came into the hallway connecting with many other rooms. Realizing l had no idea where l was, l flipped open every door l could find. Unfortunately, Dezmin was no where to be found. Before l knew it, l was at the end of the hall. By this time l was panicking. Where the hell is he?! And of course, l couldn't ignore the dark feeling at the pit of my stomach. l frantically looked around. There was a narrow hallway connecting where l just came from. Not having any other options, l ran for it. Only to be knocked back down. l had bumped into someone and when l saw their face, my face broke out into a huge grin.