Escape

Mackenna

I had blacked out. Now that I wake I see that I am beneath the ice. My leg is still pinned under ice. I look around for Loki but I don't see him.
"Loki!?" I yell out.
"Mackenna!" He responds. Loki comes out from behind the piece of ice that is holding my leg down.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"I'm trying to get your leg out, but it is proving difficult." He goes back behind the ice. I just noticed that it is my left leg trapped under the ice. I hear Loki hacking at the ice. I reach down towards my leg and get under my armour. I unhook the clips and the straps holding it on me. I pull myself forward with all the strength I have. I take the end of my pants and tie a knot so I wouldn't get frostbite on my leg.
"Loki," I call out.
"I'm trying," he replies. I pull myself forward and lean against the ice.
"Loki, just come here," I call out. I hear the ice chunks grind against each other as Loki makes his way across them. At first he looks where I was laying but he notices I'm not there and he looks around the area. When he sees me against the ice he looks at my fake leg under the ice.
"Ah. It was your left leg under there. I hadn't noticed," he says as he sits and rests his head against the ice.
"I didn't either," I reply.
"How long was I out?" I ask him.
"Um. About a day. I don't know. I lost track of time," he tells me.
"Do you still have that locket I gave you for Christmas?" I ask.
"Yes. Why?"
"Because that thing has a secret department with the most basic survival things in it," I tell him. I forgot to tell him on Christmas Day. I was to distracted. He reaches in his pocket and pulls it out.
"But how do you get into that department?"
"Here," I take the locket from him and push the little button on the side. Something clicks and the front springs forward and reveals a whole bunch of stuff. There is flint and steel, a little bit of tinder, a mini flare, and a whole bunch of dried up food. It actually held quite a bit. The tinder isn't of use since we don't have wood. I take out two packages of dried food. I give one to Loki. He looks at it in disgust. I look at my own and open it. I take out a dried potato and put it in my mouth. I spit it out. It tastes like cardboard, but I take another bite and force myself to eat the whole pack. It leaves my mouth dry. Loki opens his own and eats it too. He crinkles his nose while he chews the food.
"I think it's time we get out of here," I say.
"But what about your leg? You can't move without it," he replies.
"I can hop while I lean on you,"
"You sure?" I nod. He looks up at the roof of the icy cave.
"If I move that chunk, the whole roof will collapse," he tells me.
"I'm ready then. Give me the shield and I'll be ready," he looks around and finds the shield behind some ice. He tosses it to me and begins to climb towards the roof.
"Ready?" He calls out. I lift the shield over my head.
"Ready!" I yell out. I hear him grunt twice and then I hear a cracking sound. I scream when the ice starts to hit my shield. Sharp chunks hit my body. One hit me right on the forehead. I close my eyes. When it's all over, I am stuck beneath the ice and barely able to breath.
"MACKENNA!!" I hear Loki yell. I push hard on the ice above me. Blood is flowing down my face. I push again and something shifts. There is a little hole above my shield. I lift my hand towards it and slide it through the hole. My wrist is still beneath the ice, I can't reach any higher. I wave my hand around the best I can.
"LOKI!" I yell. I hear footsteps across the ice. I feel his hand grab onto mine. Then it lets go.
"MACKENNA!" I hear him yell again. I feel the bow on my back. I didn't know I still had it. I shove on the ice above me again. This time it opens up. I throw my shield up. I check for arrows. I have two. I grab onto a ledge of ice above my head and pull myself up. I stand on my one leg. My head almost makes it over the top of the ice. I pull myself up once more. This time I pull myself onto the ice that had fallen. I look up right away. I see a Frost Giant. It is holding Loki. I pull the bow off my back and take the arrow. I aim at it. Loki is turning blue at its touch. The Frost Giant has his arm around Loki's neck. There is a knife pointed at his head.
"Let him go!" I yell. I can tell that he is tightening his grip on Loki's neck. He'll suffocate soon. Blood drips onto the ice in front of me. I am loosing consciousness from the wound on my head. I have to shoot before I pass out. I aim right above Loki's left shoulder. Right where it's heart is. I let go of the string and watch the arrow fly. I drop the arrow and put my head down.
*****Loki*****
I watch Mackenna's head fall as the arrow whips beside my head. It impales the Frost Giant and it falls. It pulls me down with it. I shove it's arm off of me and stumble towards Mackenna. I drop to my knees and skid along the ice beside her.
"Please don't be dead. Please," I take off the outer layer of my suit and wrap it around her head. I check for a pulse. It's there. I rest my head on top of her stomach. All of the sudden I see the bifrost descend on us. I close my eyes. I grab onto Mackenna and hold her tight. We slam against the floor in front of Heimdall.
"Get them to a healing room!" I hear Thor call out. Someone picks up Mackenna and runs. I flop onto my back.
"How long were we under the ice?" I ask.
"A week. We thought you to be dead until Heimdall looked upon Jotunheim. We could not bring you back because of the ice surrounding you. We couldn't risk having giant pieces of ice flying into the Bifrost. So we waited," I lift up my arm waiting for him to help me up. He takes me by the arm and pulls me up. All of the sudden two guards take me by the arms and put chains on me.
"Why are you putting chains on me?" I ask. They don't say anything and they bring me towards the palace. They bring me before Odin.
"What is the meaning of this?" I ask.
"We will not take the risk of you being in the open. We do not know if Laufey still possess you," he speaks gently.
"What? Would I have saved Mackenna if I were still controlled by Laufey? I wouldn't be here if I were still controlled by Laufey!" I yell at him. The guards grab my shoulders and lead me off. They lead me to the dungeons and put me in a cell.
*****Mackenna*****
I wake up in a healing room with healers surrounding me. I touch my forehead and it is covered in bandages. I look at my leg and see a fake leg already on there.
"Where did you get this?" I ask.
"When you where stabbed by the Frost Giant we took it and made an identical one. Just incase," a women tells me. I swing my legs over the bed and get up. I adjust the straps and run. I turn a corner and run into Thor.
"Sorry. Do you know where Loki is?" I ask him.
"In the dungeons," I hear him say, but I am already running. I am running towards Odin. I can hear Frigga's voice through the halls followed by Odin's. I follow the voices.
"How could you? How could you put him in a cell after all he's been through? Of all the heartless things you've ever done-"
"Get him out of that cell now," I yell at him.
"Why?"
"Because I may as well die without him!" I yell at him again with tears streaming down my face.
"Very well. But on one condition. Loki will be banished from Asgard. Never to hear from us again. He will be a mortal just like you. Without power," he looks at me.
"FINE!! Just let him go!" I'm shaking at this point.
Within half hour Loki is standing in front of Odin at the bifrost. I stand beside him.
"Loki Laufeyson, you are hear by banished from Asgard," Odin says.
"What?" Loki looks confused.
"Your mortal made a deal with me to free you. So you will go live a Midgardian life with her," he spits. Loki looks down at me.
"I'm sorry Loki. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted you to be free," I say. Tears streaming down my face.
"Step aside," Odin booms at me. I step away from Loki.
"Loki, you are now stripped of your powers. To be banished to Midgard. Never to see Frigga again," I watch as Loki's suit falls apart, and with a bright flash me and Loki are sent into the Bifrost.