The last day

Loki
I loose myself. Laufey takes my humanity away. I become brutal. I remain a Frost Giant bound in chains. I am blinded by fear and hate. The near mention of Mackenna or Asgard sends me off into a hasty explosion of anger. Laufey continues to feed me with his tortures. I am broke. One day he comes to the place I am bound to.
"They are ready for battle. They are coming," he tells me.
"Who?" I spit.
"The Asgardians. I have gotten word that they have trained Mackenna for battle," he tells me. My nostrils flare. A surge of anger fills me.
"They will be here in a week," he tells me before he leaves. I shout loudly. I want her dead. I pull on the chains trying to get away. The anger comes together in a blast of ice. I feel hopeless in this place.
*****Mackenna*****
It is the day before we are going to leave. I had gone through so much training I was exasperated. I had killed three monsters. Each a different way. My armour had to go and get fixed.
I wonder through the halls of the palace. I come across a room filled with paintings. I walk into the room. There are paintings of past kings and queens. There are paintings of the palace, but one painting catches my attention. There is Odin and Frigga with two kids. One dressed in red with blonde hair. Thor. And another with a emerald green outfit and hair dark as the sky.
"Loki," I murmur to myself. He looked peaceful and happy. He doesn't look broke and hated. I put my hand on top of the painting of him. I look around the room and see no other painting of him. There are painting upon painting of Thor and Odin. I stand in front of the one with Loki and just stare at it.
I make an illusion of Loki behind me. He walks up behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder.
"I will come back to you," he says before he disappears. A tear streaks down my face.
I get called down towards the blacksmith to pick up my armour. I take it and proceed down the hallway. Sif walks up beside me.
"Odin wants every warrior to meet him in the training grounds in ten minutes. I suggest you grab everything you were planning to bring to Jotunheim," she advises me. I nod and stalk off towards Loki's room. When I enter I pull on my armour, attach my sword and shield. I slip on my helmet and grab Loki's. I'm sure he'll want it. I run as fast as I can down to the training grounds. I join Sif and Thor takes my other side.
"We shall leave for Jotunheim. We will set our forces on them at dawn," he booms. As he says that the bifrost descends on all of us. I feel the cold touch my skin as my feet land in thick snow. Someone makes a fire right away. Odin did not follow us. I look at Loki's helmet in my hands. It reflects the snow around us. Someone sets out giant mats around the fire for us to sleep. Slowly one by one we all lay down. We only have the heat of each other's bodies and the fire to keep us warm. We lay close to one another. I end up close to Sif and Thor. There is enough body heat here. Someone asks who will take first watch. I sit up immediately and so does Thor. I take my post and Thor sits a little ways away from me.
"Mackenna, I'm truly sorry for my arrogance when we first met. I could tell that you had a hatred for me since," he tells me.
"It's fine. I was hanging out with Loki so you can see why there was hatred. You seem okay now," I reply. He chuckles.
"I can't believe they took Loki," he mumbles.
"Laufey wants to use him to lead.........us.......here." I stop when I realize what I just said.
"They used him to lure us here! They want the Asgardians dead, so why not lead about a quarter of them here to slaughter them. Ugh, we fell for it," I tell Thor. I pound the ground.
"Yes, but we also need to get Loki back. He didn't just mean something to you. He means everything to Frigga,"
"This is going to be a bloody fight,"
"Yes, but those who die will die with honour. They sacrificed themselves," he explains. I take the helmet off my head and put it besides Loki's which I had placed beside me. The beauty of each of them was astonishing. I rub a little dirt mark off of Loki's and rest my head against the ice behind me. I wonder if the Frost Giants know we are here yet. I hope not.
With the sword at my side and the army in front of me, I keep a close eye on our surroundings. One little movement had me on my feet. It was nothing. I remain jumpy for the rest of my watch. At around midnight, two Warriors woke and told me and Thor to get some rest. I gladly obliged. I went back to my spot and lay down. Even on the hard mat I fall asleep with ease.