Chapter 4: It's About to Go Down

Dee's POV

Ugh, I can't believe him for being so stupid. I told him, I told him that she'd try and pull a stunt like this. Then he hits me with an 'I'm sorry' lecture about how he loves me and a bag of chips. I didn't ask for this. The boy never listens, but I'm the one at fault. I'm letting him down on the 'easy over' every time.

I'm at my locker spinning the combination so I can get my notebook for Mrs. Myers. She teaches language arts/English class. I take this period with Roc, Prince, Jawan, and Lele. Same lesson, just a different day she teaches.

Jawan tapped my shoulder, "What?" I responded to his light touch.

"I heard what happened about you and Ray, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I frowned.

"What kind of fine has the slightest sad expression along with it?"

"This one," I exhaled.

"Be for real'

"To be honest, I'm mad, tired, and hurt all at the same time. He knew she was sneaky and would try something like that. But, he wanted to prove me wrong," I tried hiding the fact, that I was talking during the teacher's preach on literature in the 1600's, "Jawan just remember this: I am always right. Even if I'm wrong, I'm right just not right. Understood?"

Jawan's POV

What?! She's gone crazy now. "Mhm," I nodded my head.

"Who pissed in her cornflakes?" Roc asked me.

"Typical Ray," I answered him.

He had that 'Oh' expression plastered on his face. I shook my head. 'Oh, Ray, what are we going to do with you?' I returned back to my handout that was given to me. Dang, shorty can get it. The single life is overrated. I prefer tied down is a good thing.

Dee's POV

I did a 180゚ turn in my seat and started on my worksheet. Five minutes passed so far until my phone vibrated on my upper thigh. That actually tickles a bit. I might be the only one who finds that strange.

I glared at my phone screen. I should've known. A text from the one and only Ray Ray from Mindless Behavior. I unlocked my phone and read it. It said:

[raytrendyme]: Dee plz tlk 2 me . as da teachr if u cn go 2 da restrm. Pleazeee 4 me, its imprtnt 3

I couldn't think of anything else to say. So I put this:

[ISwagg_Spiffy]: Fine, it betta B imprtnt

"May I go to the restroom?" I asked, raising my hand.

"Take a pass," Mrs. Myers said pointing to the key chain.

I headed out of the door as if it had been eternity since I've walked out of that classroom. I needed the break, but I also needed the notes. Jawan will cover me. I strolled out of the west break off to the next hallway down the northwest hall. When I turned the corner by the library, he saw me right off the back. He immediately gestured for a hug with open arms, but I rejected the offer.

"What's so important that I have to miss the lesson in class?"

"'What's so important' is our love for each other," he began, "I'm apologize for what I did and how I went against you and your profound wisdom. But, you know I will always love you no matter what." His arms dropped shamelessly down by his sides.

He walked closer. Even closer 'til you couldn't fit a piece of paper in between us. I tried not to stare into his broad, brown eyes. His eyes are a complete hypnosis. I was trying my best not to cry. Just imagine your worst enemy going tongue and tongue with your beloved boyfriend. Who feels like the dumb ass?

"Deja, don't look away from me. I'm trying to tell you that I love you," He gently tilted my head, so we met eyes.

I squeezed my eyes shut trying not to cry. I need to pull myself together. I peeked through my eyelids, then opened them fully. "Then say it," I replied.

He grabbed my waist forcefully, and pulled me into his chest. "Deja, I love you with all my heart, and I want you to know that." Taking in what occurred I acknowledged what he said and how he said it. I looked up into his eyes, right past the small, marble globes and into what was always there...love. "I love you, too." Ray then took me in for a long, passionate kiss. His soft touch of his lips sent memories back from when we had our first kiss. Maybe is not a vocabulary word in love.

"I'm hoping that refreshed your memory."

"No, I think I still have amnesia," I laughed at my own humor. He chuckled too.

"Well I can fix that," He planted a softer kiss on my lips. Short, but sweet like honeybees. I walked down the hallway back to class as if it were my first time walking.

Lele's POV

"Sing to me," I commanded Prodigy.

"What?" He said.

"I said sing to me."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"Well then, my spectators tell me I don't have to."

"What do you mean by 'you don't have to'?" I air quoted.

"I'll sing to you some other time when you least expect it."

"Aw"

"Stop reminding yourself, or you'll never get it." Ugh, why does he have to be difficult all the time?

"Yeah, yeah. Gimme a kiss."

"Why?" I sucked my teeth. Not this again.

"Because, I said so."

"Therefore, I don't have to," He smirked. He had the audacity to answer me like that. That's some slap-worthy ability ready for use. I gave him that look, "But now I want to." Then he pecked me on the lips.

"Yeah, cause you wanted to. Boy excuse your presence by these words: Boy, bye!"

"Fine then, I'll leave," with that he dropped me on the floor out of the desk. Really Prod?

"I was just playing! I'll sing to you instead. 'Baby come back!'" I started laughing.

"Whatever I got work to do," He started walking over to his desk. I taking Mr. Adams third block with the occasional besties: Prodigy, Ray, Dee, and Breaunna.

Did Dee and Ray make up? Oh, yeah, they did. You can see them smacking spit from the moon. That's overrated teenage love. I need to stop this.

"Alright now, enough with all the kissy kiss now. We are in school. Break it up you two," I made a fairly great impersonation of our old Civics teacher. Ray flipped me off. No he didn't.

"Little boy, I will personally break off your little anorexic finger and feed it to Princeton's dog, Beans. While I make you watch it."

"Ew, that's nasty. A little too much information maybe?" Breaunna chimed in.

"My bad it's just my point."

Finally, they stopped I was starting to get a headache. Nobody want to see them stocking up kisses for the apocalypse. They took the seats then the teacher started off with the bell ringer. I heard the classroom door swish open. Ah, now I see where the missing stripe from the rainbow went. It on top of Zonnique's head.

"I had my schedule changed, so I was forced to come here." She said handing him an office pass.

"Well take an empty seat," Mr. Adams gestured.

Out of all the seats supplied to this school, the only empty one was in front of Ray and beside Déjà's desk. I could already read her mind. IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN.