Chapter 7: You Have A Visitor

Prodigy's P.O.V.

  I don't know where my brain has been for a few days. I can't think straight, my mind is on two things at a time, and I don't understand what trigonometry is anymore. I used to be at the top of my class, but now it's plumed down the drain. Somehow my brain start malfunctioning and I can't think start. Maybe the cause of it all was the chaotic inferences in the present. It has my mind on something other than this. I'll get Beauty to tutor me, at the least. This is gonna be embarrassing, but I need the help. She's a sweetheart, and she's smart. A beauty with brains, if I even get the chance.   

Joeneshu's P.O.V.  

  You know I have my boo in the other room, and it's a must that I got check up on hi,. It's sad how he still hasn't waken up by now. I miss his voice and his laugh. I knocked on the door to see if any nurses were occupying the room. No nurses, no problem.

  There he was peacefully sleeping nestled in the linen sheets. I wobbled over to his side with crutches carefully sitting down. I grabbed hold of his right hand freeing it from the IV cables. I brushed my thumb over his knuckles thinking. All the flashbacks and memories of our relationship collided with the valued sentimental things. Like the locket he gave me a few months back. It was heart-shaped with an emerald stone on the front. When you open it on the right side is a miniature picture of us after our first date, and on the other side it had the words 'My Everything' engraved in it. He's too good to me.

  I whispered in his ear, "I love you, baby. If you can hear me, I'll be waiting for you." My left hand trailed off his shoulder to his cheek. Even if he was in a hospital, he still looked his best. A little sickly, but he still had that beautiful image to fall back on.

     "Joe, you ready?" Lele stuck her head in the door.   I nodded, "Yeah, just give me a second." Right before I left, I kissed him on his bandaged forehead. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him twitch his fingers, but that might just be an unusual reflex to a touch. But to my mind, it showed me a sign of hope rushing over the bad thoughts of what could happen.

    Unfortunately, it was cold outside; apparently, my dear cousin didn't bring a coat. I bet she did it on purpose. I got her when she needs a ride to school, or needs to borrow my notes for class. I'm just going to sit back and watch her fail.

    Huddling myself without causing myself to fall, I hurried into the car. As I recalled the scene to be much colder, the heat blowing in the car satisfied the goosebumps that arose on my arms and legs. How do animals deal with cold temperatures? I know the answer to it; it was a rhetorical question. Over here it doesn't snow, but it gets really windy at times. Messing my hair in the wind drives me insane.   We pulled up to Burger King, it's time for real food now. I approached the counter, gazing at the menu on the flat screens.

   "How may I help you?" A skinny, disorganized woman asked.

   "Yeah, let me get a double whopper meal, and instead of a medium fry, I prefer a large." I spoke.      "Hungry much?" Talyssia asked, "You trying to break my wallet; I just got a new job last week."

   "You haven't been in a hospital for a week eating watered down soup and saltine crackers. The only thing that occupied my mind was the television and orange juice!"

    "It hasn't been a week. And I see the hospital gave you a case of mood swings."

   "Yes, it has. Count, seven days which equals a week. How did you pass Kindergarten? Know your math, know it." Then she started counting her fingers.

   "Anything for you ma'am?" The cashier interrupted.

   "Don't interrupt, rude." Lele remarked. "I'll get a Whopper Jr. meal."