Chapter 17: Picky Eater (Part 2)

  Jacob's P.O.V.

   My guests quickly started arriving. After a while, my house was filled with the crew. The first one's to show up were Princeton and Joeneshu. I let them slide by as I allowed them entrance. Next ones to arrive were Jawan, then Ray.

   As soon as Ray spotted Jawan accompanying the sofa on the left of the big couch, the tension in the air shifted from nonexistent to boldly thick. I watched as Ray slowly walked over to the other couch, sucking his teeth while sending Jawan a death glare. I sighed in frustration. "This is gonna be a long night." I thought.

   Roc and Prod called me and said they're with their girls and they might just come. Don't they know what Boys' Night In means? I rolled my eyes at the fact and went to the kitchen while I watched Marquetta finish up on the snacks.

   "You still ordering pizza baby?" She asked me.

   "Like always. Just set bowls of chips on the coffee table and come join me on the couch, kay?" I smiled at her as I held her hands in mine.

   "So I don't get a 'thanks?'" She laughs. Have I mentioned she has such a wonderful laugh?

   "No, but you can get a kiss," I smirked, while puckering my lips up. She turned her head so that I pecked her cheek. "Really?"

   "Still waiting on that 'thanks.' I don't work for free. I didn't have to do all of this. Now did I?" She pierced her eyes into mine. Feisty, yet smart ass mouth, but it came off cute to me.

    "Thank you, baby. It's appreciated that you took your time out and my gas money to come over my house and simply pour some chips into a bowl. Oh my God, I don't know what I'd do without you!" I sarcastically spoke.

   "Shut up," she giggled and pushed my shoulder. I fakely dramatized a fall to the ground and got up.

   "Nobody saw that," I shifted my eyes while pretending to limp. She shook her head and followed me with the bowls in hand.

   We placed the bowls on the table and laid back on the couch. I cradled her close to me as she sat side ways in my lap with her feet at the length of the couch. Joe and Prince just finished a round of Just Dance: Revolution so they went to sit down. Prince sat beside Jawan, but Joe decided to sit next to us.

   Joeneshu pushed her legs off the couch. "Excuse me, but I believe there's room for me, too."

   Quetta scoffed and chuckled as she dangled her legs in between mine. She rested her back on my chest and I whispered in her ear.

   "When you wanna go to the doc?" I put my hand on her stomach.

   She replied, "Stop, I don't want anybody to know just yet." She removed my hand.

   "But when?" I asked again.

   "We will, be patient baby." I smiled and wrapped my arms around her thin waist.

   "We'll talk later," I concluded.

  Lele's P.O.V.

   I chuckled at how goofy Prodigy was. Back when I first was "just a fan," I thought he was the one who'd be all focused and silent. But in all actuality, he's so playful and funny. I wiped my mouth with a napkin as I sat back, feeling the food digest.

   "Baby, did you know Valentine's day is right around the corner?" I smirked, dragging my index finger around the rim of my drinking glass.

   "Oh really?" He smirked, "Whatcha getting for me?"