Chapter 10: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

Prince's P.O.V.

"Ready to go, hijo?" My mama asked solemnly.

"Yes, Ma." I said limping out of my hospital room. I scanned the room to see a freshly clean and made up bed like I never spent a whole month in a coma. Finally, I was freed from the IV cables and the constantly annoying beeping sound that monitored my heart while I was sleeping. I've been told I am forced to bed rest for two whole weeks. Do you know how long that is in the music industry? Try a month, and your fifteen minutes of fame is dead. Take it from a child/teenage prodigy. You can't expect me to be sleeping 24/7. I'm too hyper and energetic to be stuck in bed all day. It's just not me.

My mother went straight to the pharmacy to put in a order for my prescription. It's said to only sooth my migraines and muscle aches, if any. I'm glad, because I'm gonna need them. Now that it crosses my mind, no school! Now I have to get someone to rewrite the articles of work planned. But, my right hand is unavailable do to the circumstances of a broken wrist. This bed rest thing doesn't sound quite bad since I don't have to write any of my notes or homework. I guess there are some good outputs in getting out of a coma.

My mother pulled up to our beach house located on a private beach away from the city lights. Numerous cars tended to fill up the barrio and driveways of our neighbor's house. A party without me? What is this you speak of?

My dearest mother must've glanced at my depressed facial expression, so she asked with worry in her voice, "Are you okay, honey?"

"I'm fine."

"Just checking."

We ventured out of the car and strolled up to the ramp which leads to the front porch. Good thing we decided on a ramp instead of steps. My feet have been through hell, when it comes to being a professional performer and all. You could see the stalking Sun pierce its rays over the roof of the house. As many of times I gazed at that Sun, when I stayed home before the music group collided together this was my favorite place. My getaway of what many people say.

Swiftly, she unlocked the door with a flick of the wrist. The lights were all off leaving the house in a spooky manner. Confused it left me, so I decoded the alarm system switching it to "STAY". And turned on all the lights I saw in sight.

I had an estranged feeling that someone moved about the home. To my best instinct, I grabbed a metal baseball bat that leaned against the wall's intersection between the two doorways. Does anybody volunteer to get their behind whipped today? I placed the bat in position for an award-winning swing that a famous baseball player had in mind. Leaving my mom behind, I motioned toward the silent whispers. Is it me, or am I just paranoid. Nobody was in the second hallway, so I walked closer to the living room. I held the baseball bat squeezing the grip I had on it. I wanted this to affect their faces if they tried to rob my mother. This was my closest thing to a weapon at the moment.

As soon as I heard voices say, "SURPRISE!" All the force built up in my stance swung for it. I shut my eyes in hearing the dreadful crash of the vase and covered my ears. The pounding of head caused me to drop the bat in its place. I screeched at the pain, "AH! Why did I do that?!"

'Nice way to scare me!' I thought to myself.

"Welcome back, Princeton!" A voice alarmed my headache. When I opened my eyes fully, I say big O's shaping the margin of their mouths. Now I looked like the person who stepped out the crazy house. Great Prince, you never think before you act. "Sorry," I cheesed. "Nice poster." I said pointing at the hanging banner that read: Welcome Back, Princeton!

Then, Mama walked in, "Hi, everyone. What a surprise!" Her smile dropped when she saw her favorite vase and my baseball bat on the floor.

"Hi," they said in harmony.