Chapter 14: Too Soon?

Lele's P.O.V.

Déjà and I engaged into a conversation in the porch just before Jacob walked out on the phone.

"I still can't stand you." I scoffed.

"What you mean? I ain't ever do anything to you."

"Oh, you acting brand new?"

She rolled her eyes, "Null, I don't understand why you got your panties in a bunch."

"You knew I liked him, but you had to get all buddy buddy with him."

"Liked who? You never liked Ray. Did you?"

"No, it was-"

Before, I could finish, I lowered my voice as I watched Jacob have a conservation in his phone.

"WE'RE GOING BACK ON TOUR?!" He sounded surprised. I then looked at Déjà as she looked back at me in confusion.

He continued, "But we we're supposed to stay throughout the rest of the school year.....You, Walter, and Keisha all said so. This means we miss the Spring Dance, End of School year pep rallies, AND we don't finish our courses yet..." Jacob sighed and hung up the phone. He turned around to walk back in the house, then we caught his eye.

"Y'all heard all of that?" He questioned.

"Pretty much," we nodded.

"Do me a favor, and don't tell Quetta." With that, he left back into the house, said his goodbyes and left into his car, driving away.

"You think Quetta told him?" She asked.

"Nope, no doubt. They would've talked longer."

Kennedy's P.O.V.

I can't believe I was having to deal with this asshole I used to know and care about. I hissed through my teeth as we had an ongoing conversation over the phone.

"Really though? I'm taking this too far?" Roc scoffed, "You made all the little things into a big one, ranting all about it to me. You broke up with me, and if you really cared about our relationship you'd think you'd have the decency to help put it back together?"

"Oh, so I'm in the wrong when I put you on the spotlight? I'm the one who danced on another chick, disappearing into that party? I'm the one who didn't give a shit about us? Please take many seats." I retorted.

"See, you do the same shit to everybody! Once you see someone do something bad and regretful, you turn on them. Yeah, it was a mistake, but I'm human! You're just too blinded that you can't see the good I've done for you outweighs the bad. Call me back when you've decide what to do with us." He exhaled and hung up the phone.

I was silent, contemplating what to actually do with us. We're falling more apart now that we've broken up, but not yet fully. He might've had that little "dance" with Quetta, but he knows his eyes are stuck on me...hopefully. I never stopped caring about even when I portray myself to be. What should we do about us?

After moments of watching CSI and Criminal Minds, while they were solving murder cases, I was keeping our relationship from murder. I sent Roc a message to meet at the park, down the street from me. At least, I'll try. I arouse out of my comfy chair and walked back into my bedroom, dressing into, blue sweatpants, yellow graphic tee, yellow and green flip flops and walked to my Mom's room.

"Mama, I'm going out to the park. I'll be back later." I called, making my way out of the house, onto the pavement.

Ray's P.O.V.