To Protect the Sun

It was a scandal. One that set the village aflame when the Hokage had called a meeting and confirmed said scandal.

He was cheating on his dead wife the entire time they were together. He had fallen for a male who had duties as clan head much like he had.

Once the Kyuubi attacked and the woman gave her life for a child that looked much like a man who had taken her love and tossed it into a fire,

She couldn't find it in herself to live for the child she birth.

So when Minato held his blonde haired son, he felt nothing but relief fall from his shoulders when he could finally build the life he wanted to with the man he loved, and another son that was born just a few weeks prior.

Which brought them to this village meeting right now. Minato Namikaze. The Fourth Hokage and the leader of the leaf village had declared his love for the Nara genius in front of the village. Scared of being disowned by his village and friends he and Shikaku were met with nothing but love and support.

Minato smiled brightly while Shikaku only muttered that the sun was unusually brighter today for some reason.

Now raising two children who's personalities were completely different was a challenge. Minato often cooked and clean when he wasn't holed up in the village. Shikaku stuck to disciplining the children and by children he meant Shikamaru.

True to his Nara DNA, he is laziness. He allowed his brother Naruto to do everything while he slept his life away and Naruto being the kind and nice soul he was, didn't say anything to get the Nara to work.

It was a perfect balance Shikamaru described. That he watched over Naruto while Naruto worked and cleaned the home.

He even let Naruto cook dinner, and his only excuse was that they have another home. If this one burned, no harm no foul.

Minato would often blame Shikaku, Shikamaru thought much like him and that was his fault. Shikamaru was merely Shikaku genes. He needed to speak sense into him.

However scolding Shikamaru was like getting into a argument with a lawyer. Anything you said was taking literal, and Shikaku didn't feel the need to be interrogated by a seven year old.

Naruto was their pride and joy, kind and overly happy. It was hard to even see him as a Jinchuriki. He had figured it out on his own when he was five years old, the Kyuubi had actually spoken to him.

The Kyuubi was calmed, weird. Uzumaki chakra was usually lively, fiery, and unmanageable. However he was surrounded in a deep sea blue chakra, with happiness and joy in every wave.

The Kyuubi hated it. He called the child to his domain to scare him, yell at him and tell him that he would reek havoc and eat away at his mind if he wasn't released and he watched as the child teared up and spoke a soft.

'Why would you do that?'

The Kyuubi wanted nothing more than to calm the five year old down, and he unintentionally spread his chakra around making it mingle with the child's to calm him down, but it didn't do anything but gift him with whisker marks, and sharpened nails and canines, but the child eventually calmed down and even grew a little upset.

'You are nothing but a meanie! Big ugly rowdy fox!'

The Kyuubi watched as the child huffed and folded his arms, and it only made him chuckle, a mere child calling him ugly. He leaned down and introduce himself to the kid and they became a team.

He did enjoy the little kits company.

When Naruto turned fourteen is when the looks started. He had grown his hair long about mid-back. He had chosen to wear more of a feminine shinobi attire rather than the male attire.

His blue eyes shined and his smile was deadly. His brother and Father often compared him to the sun, complaining that he needed to be turned down cause he was way too bright.

His personality was enough to draw anybody in. Always smiling, always happy, and always wanting to be friends with people.

Which made his family know that he needed to be protected, needed to be shielded from the males that wanted nothing more than to tarnish and hurt him

They needed to make sure that their too bright sunshine, stays their sunshine.

Seeing as people often found themselves falling unintentionally for the blonde, in order to spare his feelings. Minato, Shikaku and Shikamaru would do anything to protect him, however.

Naruto wasn't stupid, aware of the looks he received the true character of people's souls with the help of Kurama, he wouldn't be steered in the wrong direction however He could protect himself, he didn't need overbearing parents and a brother. He needed a loving family and little bit a freedom like they gifted to Shikamaru.
.........

"Hi, how are you today?" Naruto's cheerful spoke, gained the attention of Shikamaru as they walked to the academy to become Ninja's.

"I'm fine Naruto-Kun, go be the best ninja for the leaf." A male said who was in fact in love with the blonde.

"I will. Thanks for believing in me." Naruto said waving to everybody else who waved to him listening as his brother clicked his teeth.

"What's the matter, Shika-Nii?" Naruto asked, frown on his face as he watched Shikamaru fix his face and ruffle Naruto's hair.

"Nothing, lets go make father and dad proud." Naruto nodded.

"Sure!" He chirped happily and Shikamaru already knew that him and his brother might be separated.

Which made him want to hide Naruto away from the prying eyes.

*