Meant To Be

Part 8

They say extremity of anything is not good. It'll lead you to something so harsh and knock you down from your little world to the cruel reality that you'd be left with nothing but pain in a dark void. Currently, I was lost in that dark void, I was thrown with so much intensity to hit the rock bottom that I never even know existed to leave me in this much pain. I was so happy, I should've known, I should've seen it coming, of course, no one can have the pinnacle of anything, especially happiness; and now I'm paying for it. Maybe it's the way of God to balance things.

FLASHBACK

"Oh, hey, Oppa."

BLAG!!

I smiled at him as he came into my room. He never visits me, that too not at this hour. It's past ten in the night. I was actually listening to Lisa's voice, she's sent it to me a month ago, it was the night when I couldn't sleep, she recorded her voice and sent it to me, it was a kids' lullaby. I was lost dreaming about tomorrow. I've planned it all already, I'll do it with the help of Rosie, we've planned everything and I'm so excited yet damn nervous. So his sudden entry made the phone fall from my hand and hit the floor; Thank god it stopped as soon as it fell. I was searching for it with my hand when suddenly his hand came to my touch, oh he picked it up for me. I smiled at his direction as I took the phone and got up.

"What's up, Oppa?"

I asked as I tried to stand in the right place and face his direction.

"You wanted to study at Harvard, right?"

"Umm.. Yes, Oppa it was my dream University, my dream to study in their Law college, but I'm fine with our current university. I'm really glad that I get to study at such a prestigious college. I don't want that, Oppa. Not anymore I guess."

I smiled at him as I replied, Appa has already done much for me, I can't just demand such big things, I know he can afford it but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be grateful for what he gave himself. I'm happy with what I have and now that I have Lisa-

"I'm not here to know your opinion about it or anything. I'm telling you this. Not asking."

Oppa cut off my thoughts as he said that.

"What do you mean, Oppa?"

"I'm not here to ask you. I'm ordering you. You're going to study there, you want it. That's what you're gonna tell Appa when he asks and rest is my job."

"What is going on, Oppa?"

"I don't like repeating myself, I know you get what I said."

"I can't. I don't wanna, I'm happy here-"

"With Lisa?"

He cut me off again.

"O-oppa I-"

"Leave it, I already know everything. Now it's your turn to know AND ACCEPT. "

"Accept?"

"Yes, accept. I love Lisa. Accept it."

No, this can't be happening. I can't lose Lisa. Not when I'm too sure with everything.

"Listen to me carefully, I know you love her too, but I want her. And if you'd be here with her it'd be a problem for us to be together; you'd be an obstacle for us. You wanted to prove to me that you're not a Snake, it's time, Jennie. Prove it. Do this and I'll believe in you. I'll believe that all you do isn't fake. All you show isn't fake. I'll accept you. If you'd accept this. "

Tears started to pour down my eyes as he said or I may say, gave me that offer.

Why?

Why now?