Drifting Apart

Part 6

That night I broke my ankle. It's been a week now. The doctor told me I can start walking., but not much because my ankle needs rest. Rosie was so mad that she slapped Jennie the other day in the college, thankfully I wasn't there to witness it, but it got Rosie in trouble and she had to escape college for four days. She spent those days with me, trying to make me agree to leave Jennie, which made me think that do I even have the right to leave? I mean, we're not even in any labelled situation. So, leaving her doesn't even come into consideration in the first place. But I get what she meant. The question was, was I ready for it?
To get Jennie out of my life? Rosie tried to give me many reasons for it. And some were even valid, okay to be honest almost all were but I wasn't ready to accept it. So I kept putting it off as long as I could. And lucky for me, fortunately, Jennie came the third day and apologized to me. And to make it up for it, she even invited me on a lunch with her friends. Yes, her friends. Just to prove Rosie wrong and show me that she has feelings for me too, she told her friends about us, risking her reputation. See, how can I not love her? I was so proud and kept showing that off to Rosie to make her stop with her 'reasons to leave Jennie'.

Currently, I was in my bed, waiting for Jennie. Yep, my Kimkim was visiting me, again. Anddddd... She'll stay till late at night. Isn't it amazing?

"Will you stop daydreaming about your make out with Jennie?"

Yeah, Rosie was here too. I rolled my eyes at her comment.

"Why are you still here?"

"Wow, the audacity. After taking care of you, day and night, I get this? " she exclaimed dramatically.

"Rosie, you promised to go when Jennie comes," I whined.

"Yes! 'When Jennie comes!' ", she said, giving pressure on the last sentence as she added, " which means when Jennie will be here, which she isn't yet. So shut up and let me enjoy these delicious noodles. I swear to god Lisa, your mum is an amazing cook. I promise one day, she'll be the best cook in Korea."

"I know right!" I said proudly, forgetting our main topic which was to kick her out of here.

Luckily, Mom was at the restaurant and will not be back before 1 am cause they've got a big client who reserved the whole restaurant for himself for some important partnership meeting for his company. So, meaning, Jennie and I will have all the space we need. Which reminds me that I just need to get this Chipmunk out.

The sound of the doorbell rang the whole house surprising Rosie causing her to lose her chopsticks. Trust me it was so funny. She cursed some then went to open the door after me pleading some cause she knew it was Jennie and so did I. And she took full advantage of it. Meanie!

The sound of the door opening excited me so much that I sat back on the bed, leaning my back on the headboard for a good posture and some support that I surely needed these days.

My Jenjen's here!

Then the door to my room opened revealing the most to die for a view which I was so eager to see and die peacefully. RIP me.

"Hi~" Her small melodious hello threw me out of my train of thoughts so hard but trust me it didn't hurt a bit, instead, it made me float.

"Hey~" I smiled wide as I tapped the space next to me indicating her to sit beside me.
She smiled at it and came to me, sitting beside me as I covered her lower body with the covers I was in.

She looked at me, smiled the most genuine and warm smile making me smile softly back at her. Not knowing what force it was, pulling us in, still not caring at all as we leaned in and our lips met. It was the second time of my lips meeting hers but felt like we've kissed thousands of times already yet having a different warm feeling every time. My one hand went to her cheek on its own, caressing it softly as my other one found one of hers and intertwined our fingers together. There were no words shared but we both knew how much we were sharing right now. How many sweet nothings were getting exchanged currently without even letting a word escape our mouth. We both moaned to this strong yet soft feeling together. This was too much, it's driving me crazy but I won't mind getting thrown into a mental asylum now.

If it wasn't for the oxygen, we wouldn't have parted, because trust me it felt like our lips were meant to be. As if they were two pieces of an oh-so-beautiful puzzle that needed to be joined by for forever.

"Hey~" I whispered.

"Hi~" she whispered back. God, her whisper, it sent shivers all over my body and in a very fabulous way I might add.

We both gleamed with the contentment that has settled down, as soon as our lips had met, on our hearts.

Was she in love too?

I kissed the back of her hand that I had intertwined mine with.

"How are you?" I mumbled softly.

She giggled, God... Kim, I'm already so yours stop making me want to commit crimes of hearts.

"I should be the one asking that."

"Then let us both answer it." I smiled.

"I'm good."

"So am i."

"I've brought some healthy soup for you that I made myself for you. Please have it." She smiled as she gestured to the paper bag she has put on the bedside table when she came, which I assume contains the soup she had just mentioned.

"How bout we cuddle some and then I will have it?" I smiled.

"How bout I feed it to you and then we can cuddle all you want?" She smiled as she caressed my cheek.

God, how can I deny that? So my already defeated heart nodded to her feeling, contradictorily, so victorious.

She fed me the soup as she promised and then we cuddled the night away. It was the time for her to leave, and currently the hardest time for me. I don't want her to leave, but of course, I have to understand.

She asked me not to accompany her to the door and rest, but this time I didn't just nod and accompanied her to the door with my crutch supporting me.

When I got back in bed, I felt whole. I was happy. I slept well that night.

A/N: Yellloooooowwwwwww 🙃🙈

        Hope you enjoyed reading. 🙃😇

        Have a great day/night.
        God bless. 🙃😇