Drifting Apart

Part 5

Rosé' POV

I wiped my tears as I made my way to her. She has no right to be such a moron to my best friend who did nothing but to love her selflessly. This is not the first time she did something like that, but this time I can't tolerate it, enough is enough. I've never seen my best friend this vulnerable, she was indeed good at hiding her pain. But everyone has limits. And maybe Jennie already crossed the lines this time, seeing how it made my best friend that miserable.

   I should be fearing for getting down the same hall that once had me threatened for even roaming it. But right now, all the worries have faded, I'm not even a bit bothered of what might happen to me. My train of thoughts stopped noticing the red light aka Jennie Kim. And to my luck, she was walking alone. She was getting nearer, I looked around, and voila! The classroom I was gonna pass by while passing by her seemed empty. And that's my cue!
I pulled her in with me, yanking her forward and locked the door while she yelled,

"What the actual fuck!"

"Sorry, not sorry," I said as I crossed my arms and stood in front of her facing her.

"I know you! You're Lisa's sidekick, aren't you?"

I laughed, I swear it was genuine and not sarcastic.

"Of course, you'll use such terms. I mean I'm pretty sure you haven't even had real friends in your life. So not even surprised seeing it coming from you."

"Are you out of your mind, Junior!"

"Don't you dare shout at me," I towered her as I continued, " And what you did to my bestie..., " I stared right into her eyes as I added with a deep voice, "Wasn't right."

She gulped visually, making me smirk in my mind but I didn't show it, not wanting to lose my courageous demeanour.

"You're crossing your limits, you know how it'll end for you for acting like this, right Junior?" She asked gritting her teeth.

"I don't care, because unlike you, I care for people who are there for me. And I'm ready to bear anything for them. And please, I'm not here to fight you, I just want you to go to her, because right now it's only you that she needs."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know if I'm in the right place to tell you this but... Well, I think it doesn't matter now so I'll just tell you, she actually prepared a surprise for you for your anniversary. And there, maybe, was more which I can't tell you. But you really broke her even though she doesn't show it, but I know how hurt she is every time you do such a thing. "

"Mind your own business." And with that, she walked off.

Author's POV

Rosé sighed as she thought that all her courage was for nothing and she may even be having a not so good future ahead because of what she did.

But fortunately, Jennie did consider her words and went to search for Lisa while she dialled her number. But to no avail. So she went back to where she was supposed to meet her friends and decided to talk to Lisa later. Little did she knew that Lisa was actually in the college, having some hard time.

.

.

.

.

.

Lisa was outside her home, late, all wet and tired. Her body, mind and heart, everything felt heavy. She was exhausted to say the less. Everything was hurting and all she wanted was an escape; that she didn't even know from what.