Drifting Apart

{Please read the author's note}

Part 4

Author's POV

Jennie giggled again making Lisa groan on the phone. After contemplating for almost a lifetime and then finally sending a text to Jennie to only embarrass herself, Lisa was now having a phone call with Jennie.

"Ha ha ha.. Very funny. Would you please drop it now?"

"Birds flying high,
You know how I feel~" Jennie sang taking full advantage of the situation; teasing Lisa.

"You know what call me when you're done enjoying yourself." Even though Lisa was trying her best to tone it up in a mad way, she knew she just couldn't get mad at the other girl. Yes, she was feeling embarrassed, all thanks to Leo The Slim Legend, she wasn't gonna deny that she was enjoying this very much. Hearing the angelic giggles and chuckles of the gummy smiled girl was making her feel the happiest in the world; and now she was very sure that she can humiliate herself in public, without even thinking twice, just for the sake of those melodious sound named Jennie Kim's giggles and laughs.

"I'm sorry, Lisa, but it's just so funny," Jennie added as she let out those, as Lisa would describe, perfect sounds, again.

"Whatever, Jennie Kim, you know you loved it." Lisa tried, in an attempt to get away from further mocking.

She was going through this embarrassment in hand, according to her, was because of Leo, when in reality even she knew that the poor kitty was getting all the blame for nothing because it was actually her who didn't think things through.

Typing away your excitement, that too in the private messaging page of your crush, or was it something more? Anyway, we're not gonna go down that road for her poor self because she's already going through some lowkey bad moment, now wasn't a good idea, was it?
And Leo made sure that she realises it and doesn't do it again.. She won't now, will she?

"Okay," said Jennie making Lisa confused ever so slightly.

"Sorry?"

"Okay, I'll go out with you," Jennie whispered this time, making sure her voice didn't give out the rapid beating of her heart.

'Birds flying high, you know how I feel,
Sun in the sky, you know how I feel,
Blossom drifting by, you know how I feel,
It's a new day, it's a new dawn, it's a new lifeee,
Will you go out.. With meeeeeeee?'

Yeah, that was the text that Lisa was sure was just gonna get backspaced but thanks to Leo, was now a seen text message. And Jennie was pertaining to that.

Now Lisa should thank Leo genuinely, shouldn't she?

She looked at the kitty who now seemed prideful,
Did he actually know that he was now in the winning zone?

Her thoughts and the intense eye contact going on between seemingly the now champion and her, who was losing to everyone currently, broke as Jennie spoke again,

"You there?"

"Uh.. Yeah, yeah, sorry.. I just.. Anyway, so it's a yes?"

"I think so."

"Okay.."

"Okay.."

It went silent, but it wasn't a disturbing one. Both felt calm as the silence engulfed them. Both never knowing before that even silence could be this comforting when you're having it with the right person. Both experiencing something new.... Which eerily didn't feel new as they were enjoying the moment. Having to hear only each other's breathing which swept them softly away to dreamland causing them to drift off with the phone near their ears.