You Are The Reason

Part 1

Mornings aren't different for me. It may be 'rise and shine' moment for some people. But for me, it is 'rise and try'... 'Again and again'.
              As I'm brushing my teeth in my bathroom that used to be called our Bathroom, my mind drifted off to our precious memories again,

' "Look who's up early." She said teasing me as she applied the toothpaste on her toothbrush.

"What can I do? Can't miss the opportunity to start my morning with my sunshine." I said as I wrapped my arms around her from behind. She gave me a sweet smile in the mirror as she applied toothpaste on my brush too.

"Thanks, Bubblegum."

I kissed her cheek and took my brush. We started to brush our teeth giving each other foolish grins in the mirror and often making faces to make each other spit and laugh.

"I'm done!" I exclaimed as I picked her up and put her behind me and turned the tap on.

"No, Lisa! Not again!" She whined. '

I chuckled with the content of having such great remembrances while a tear escaped my eyes with the realization that I can't make such mementos now. But I'm not gonna give up that easily.

I washed my face, removed my clothes and went under the shower. Tons of memories flooding my mind again, taking me back to the moments of delight.

' "Lisa don't!" She shouted as I picked her up in my arms and got us under the shower that was pouring cold water now.

"Aaahhh!! Lisa, Oh my God, it's so cold! Get me out!" She shouted as she tried to hide in my embrace. I laughed as I got her out.

"You're evil!"  She exclaimed loudly as I put her down.

I just giggled to her cute reaction. I loved to tease her and get her adorable reactions.'

I smiled as my tears got mixed with the warm water coming down on my head from the shower. I finished bathing and came out to our room... Sorry, my room. But I promise it'll be our room again. Because this room, this house and this person... It all belongs to her and only her.

I went to my closet and took my clothes for today. After wearing them, I stood in front of the dressing table, the person in the big mirror pitying my miserable state. I turned my head down, not wanting to look back in those defeated eyes. I need motivation, not negativity of any kind. As I was gonna take my perfume, my sight landed on her slightly pinkish lip balm.

' "hmmm... What's that smell?" I smiled as an addictive smell trespassed my nostrils. My feet took me to her who was preparing herself sitting in the dressing table's chair.

"It's my new lip balm. Wanna try it?"

"Sure."

"Here" she gave it to me.

"No, not like this."

"Huh?" Her confused face was so precious.

I got on my knees in front of her, pulled her in by her nape and kissed her lower lip softly.

"Hmmm...," I pulled away slowly, "like this." I smiled wide. She smacked my arm lightly as she giggled.

"Silly."

"Correction,... Your Silly." '

A sad smile crept on my lips as I took the lip balm. I opened it and smelled it. Her lip's fragrance mixed with the balm's fragrance making me beautifully nauseous yet pleased.

I put on my perfume and was now ready to leave. My one and only destination for two years...

NINI&LILIES

I was now standing in front of the cafe I have been coming every morning, not for a coffee and croissant. No, that was just an alibi.

I was always there for the thing that used to be mine once.

Her heart.

A/N: Yellllooooooowwwwww 🙃🙈

        Hope you enjoyed reading. 🙃😇

        Have a great day/night.
        God bless. 🙃😇