Drifting Apart (Epilogue)

{Image Courtesy: To the right owner.}

Part 7

Today's the day I'll be having lunch with Jennie and her friends. It's kind of making me nervous. No doubt I'm excited but you know, it's not just any friends. Firstly, they're my seniors and trust me not so loving ones, secondly, they're like really rich and, please dont take me wrong, but yeah a bit arrogant too. I mean you get the whole point, right? So yeah, currently I'm getting ready for that only. It took me a while to decide what to wear. Don't judge I just wanna give them a first good impression, I mean have you not seen them? So I'm at least trying to do as much as can make me mingle in them.

After getting ready I called Jennie,

"Hey, Lili."

"Hey, Nini."

"Ready?"

"You bet."

"Okay, you know the address. But like, do you want me to pick you up?"

"No, it's fine. I'll be there. Thanks."

"Okay, Lili, Jisoo Unnie also called me and they'll be there soon so I'll leave too."

"Okay, see you soon."

"Uhum. See ya."

And we disconnected the call. Maybe today after lunch with them I can take her to my special place and confess to her... And maybe, just maybe, like a tiny bit of possibility is there that she might reciprocate. I mean, that's what I think and sometimes feel too. I smiled at that thought.

RINGGGG!!!

My phone surprised me. Is it Jennie? I smiled wide as I took the phone in my hand but my smile faded as soon as I saw the caller ID.

'Rosie Poopie'

"Yes, Rosie~" I sang-song.

She giggled to my greeting and replied,

"Ughhh... That's the most disgusting thing I heard since morning. "

"Whatever, you single soul." I grinned.

"Someone's extra excited huh?"

"I guess so. But I'm nervous to be honest, Rosie. "

"It's gonna be a bomb, Lis, dont worry."

I just hummed to that. She added,

"Remember how one of her friends called you sexy. You already got em, mate!"

"I hope so, bud."

"Don't overthink. It's gonna be fine. And if not, just give me a call and I'll be there to slap them all and hide for months."

We both laughed to it.

"Thanks, Rosie. "

"You've got to treat me after this thing goes well, which absolutely will. "

"Sure thing. " I smiled.

"Kay, Lis. Good luck."

"Thanks, Rosie."

After that, she cut the call. And now I should leave for the restaurant. It sure is a really fancy one.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I'm here now, at the reception. Jennie had called me and told me to wait for her. I hope they like me.