Chapter 35

"Who are you?"
  "Demon to some,angel to others"

          I let out a loud moan when my feet touches my cold wooden floor. My teeth hurt. I had join Jenna when she cried about her ex over a bowl of ice-cream. Correction. Bowls. I had gone to bed late and was probably having a sugar rush in the last few minutes before I passed out.

       I trail towards my bathroom, stripping off my clothes before deciding on a hot shower to begin the day.

                              ×××

          I rush to settle in with the other students when I get into the school building just after the first bell had sounded. I didn't necessarily need any teacher on my back for shit so early in the morning. Especially when I was feeling grumpy.

          "Hey," Klaus slides into the seat beside me and I dramatically pivot at least twice because I was pretty sure someone else had been there just a few seconds ago. "How'd you sleep?"

          "Fine," I reply nonchalantly. "Are you even in this class?"

      He shakes his head. "Not really. I've got her fifth period."

          "So, why are you here?" I lift a brow.

    He glances around at the unbothered students before leaning towards me. "I'm sorry?"

         I press the tip of my fingers to my closed eyes. "For what?"

          "How I reacted yesterday. I should try to understand you more." He says, trying his best to sound most genuine.

        I widen my eyes and sigh. "Want to go to the carnival this weekend?"

      His face spells out obvious confusion after my question. "The carnival? This weekend? Well, Shawn actually wants us to throw a party..."

           "If you can't make it, it's fine." I immediately cut him off.

         "No. I can! Just, text me more about it?" He asks and I nod. He stretches out and we both notice the teacher making her entrance. "Later."

       He gets up, places a kiss to my forehead and then bolts before I can get a word in. Nothing stops me from feeling a bit giddy and a little better from the terrible morning I had been having before. 

    The teacher huffs repeatedly when she gets before the class and then gives out an apology before lesson begins. I try my best to redirect my mind from Klaus and how my skin still felt the impact of his lips but it's close to impossible.

  .Niklaus.

      I'm finally satisfied when Raven makes her entrance into the cafeteria during lunch. It was annoying how I always had to search the cafeteria and watch out for her entrance anytime it was lunch but she didn't fancy me walking her from class.

     Her movements are a bit sluggish and I move away from my table, going over to meet her. She didn't seem to have her sass today.

         A banana falls from her tray and I reflexively grab a hold of it before it clashes with the ground. She looks up at me and that's when I notice just how pale she was. She didn't look that bad in the morning.

       "Are you okay?" I immediately ask, grabbing her face in between my palms.

        Her face scrunches up in disgust. "God, quit being so fucking dramatic. I'm fine." She says, dropping her tray on the nearest table.

        Her reply is so unconvincing, considering how she looks. Just before she could comment on my action, I pull her out of the cafeteria and straight into the secretary's office.

         "Good afternoon M.s Lawrence." I greet the woman who I'd known for almost five years now.

        She shifts her glasses to the tip of her nose before smiling down at me. "Oh, Niklaus, Ravenna? How may I be of help?"

         I lean closer, placing my elbow on to her desk, my grip not loosening on Raven's wrist. "I was just wondering if we both could get passes to leave the school."

     Raven snorts behind me and I roll my eyes.

         "And may I ask why?"

     "Ravenna isn't feeling too well," I smirk using her full name. I turn to look at her and she has on a blank expression.

        M.s Lawrence shakes her head. "Then she should go see the school's nurse. I'm sorry Mr. Larson but you may not leave the school ground until the day is over."

       I let out a low growl but nod my head in understanding. I pull Raven out and just when we're out of the room, she bursts out laughing.

         "You're such a good boy," She teases. "You want to do something bad? You ignore the rules like they don't exist."

         "I am not a good boy," I sigh. "I just didn't want you getting into any trouble. You don't look so good."

        She rolls her eyes. "Do you want to ditch school or not?"

         "The former."

    She casually guides me toward the school doors and straight into the parking lot where my car is parked. Giving the school the finger, Raven pulls open my passenger door and slides in. I hesitantly get in as well before roaring my engine to life.

        "How did you do that so easily?" I ask when we've gotten on the main highway.

         "Easy. I didn't give a fuck."

                                    ×××

       My house has a whole different vibe when I step inside with Raven. No one was home. The last time she was here, we weren't together, I was still struggling to properly reveal the way I felt about her and she had fucking kissed me. An action that made me act up like a lunatic.

         "I didn't notice that portrait before." She points to one of the many portraits in the house. It was an art work of my father in his younger years.

         I rub the back of my neck. "Yeah. We weren't really here last time and we're not going to be here today too."

       I place my arm round her neck, guiding her towards my room just in case she had forgotten the way over. She hadn't.

           "You got a new TV?" She gapes when she notices the substitute for the old one I had broken out of anger. "Damn money."

       My brows furrow as I notice how croaky her voice was getting. "Did you drink yesterday?"

          Her fingers trail against my TV as she shake her head. "I don't drink."

      The aura gotten from her reply shows it's a question I shouldn't have asked. "Oh,"

      I'm immensely taken back to the night at the bar where she had shown intense disgust for my drinking habits. I thought she was there to get a drink too.

         "I'm going to get a shower." I tell her stripping out of my shirt. She lunges towards my bed after my sentence and has herself sprawled all over it in seconds. I grin to myself, watching her before leaving for the bathroom.

          I sigh, getting into the white shirt and sweatpants I had picked out before getting into the bathroom. Unconsciously grabbing a towel to dry my hair with, I stalk into the room and reach a sight I wasn't expecting. Probably something I'd fantasize about but not expect because I'd think my girlfriend wasn't that cheesy. Damn wrong.