Chapter 27

Don't let demon take control over your mind because it's his habit of playing with mind ....

       I grin at Levi, shrugging on my jacket. He chuckles as he pulls on my hand, keeping me in trail with him. "Best friends yet?"

       I lean closer towards him and shake my head so he feels the movement against his skin. "Not even close."

          It was dark out now and Levi had been at my house just a few minutes ago to pick me up to go to this "bar" he had suggested. The roads were getting awfully similar to that which Isabelle worked but I wasn't about to become the rambling bitch who ruined things. 

           "Tell me something about yourself then. Raise the friendship bar," Levi says, as I untangle my fingers from his. I scrunch up my face at his request and his shoulder come in contact with mine, nudging me. "Come on, top to bottom."

           I mischievously raise a brow and smirk. "Let's see. My hair is dark, I've got a piercing..."

           "Real funny." Levi immediately interrupts me and I burst into giggles.

           "Top to bottom, right?" I say, amidst laughter.

       We take the final turn that leads directly to the bar and I find myself staring at the only bar I was allowed into...ever.

      As we approach, I make out what seems to be an oddly familiar figure just beside the bar, clinging on to someone else. The figure turns out to be Isabelle, moaning against a guy's lips as he cups and squeezes her ass. That was probably the first time I had seen her actually getting pleasure from a guy in the right way.

         The guy's hands plays around the band of the denim jeans she had on and after a moment, slips his hands into the jeans. An oddly disturbing sound escapes Isabelle's lips and I immediately put up my hands.

         "Alright. Get a room." I finally say, to give out awareness that they were two freaking individuals around them. We weren't perverts but seriously?

         Isabelle's attention turns toward us and even in the darkness, I notice her face give out a fine shade of crimson. "Raven?!" She lets out and I give an awkward smile.

        "Wanna introduce me to the boy toy?" I ask, divulging my attention towards the guy behind her.

         She locks a strand of hair behind her ear and goes to stand beside him.

     I feign a gasp, putting a hand to my chest. "Oh no! You have a boyfriend now?"

         "Raven, this is Declan." She introduces and I reach out a hand to shake him.

           "Nice to meet you," I smile and then go ahead to pull him closer to myself, bringing my mouth down to his ear. "Hurt her and I'll bury you. No jokes."

            "She's feisty," Declan says in a deep voice, releasing my hand. "Living up to her words."

            "Told you." Isabelle bumps him with her hip and he gives out a low chuckle.

        "Oh and this is Levi." I finally bring Levi into attention and Isabelle stares at me in surprise.

         "You've been running up on boys lately, I see," She says, her lips turning up into a smirk before she directs her attention to Levi. "Hi. I'm Belle."

            "Nice to meet you in the most... awkward way." Levi lets out an awkward laugh to buttress his point.

       Isabelle joins in on the laugh and I arch a brow. "This one's sort of funny. Blue eyes was cute though."

        I scrunch up my face. "Klaus?"

        "Damn name." She smiles.

       "Raven, we should get in," Levi says, grabbing me by my shoulders. My mind wanders to Klaus in that moment and while I had done awfully well to not judge myself for not going to see him, when Isabelle mentioned him, all I could think about was the fact that he was in the hospital and I was yet to see him. "Raven?"

          "Levi," I turn to him and shake my head. "I have to go."

           "Come on babe, let me whip you up my whiskey special." Isabelle says, pulling Declan against her as she took my words as a cue to leave.

          "What do you mean you have to go?" Levi asks when they're both out of view.

           "I mean I can't be here. I have to go see someone." Me, being me, turns on my heel at that moment and begin sauntering off, just to have someone yanking on my arm. My body, rejecting actions like that, reflexively tosses a punch towards Levi's direction, hitting his jaw.

       My hands clasp over my mouth when I realize what I had just done while Levi groans out in pain. Unable to look at him once again tonight, I run off into the darkness leaving him alone at the entrance of the bar.

        I don't bother to make a stop at the house for my motorcycle as I make my dash to the hospital I had dropped Shawn off earlier in the day. The receptionist table is empty and I groan out in frustration as I begin to trail through doors in the hospital, constantly peeking through the open windows to find who I was searching for.

       After going through a bunch of annoyed patients doors, I finally peek through a window and catch Klaus at a table, sketching. My hand comes in contact with the handle, about to open the door, when Taylor comes into view, setting herself on the bed with a contended sigh. Klaus turns to her with a smile and she says something which has him cracking up.

       I turn away from the door, utterly speechless.

           Shouldn't have gotten involved.