Chapter 37

With the beast inside... there's nowhere we can hide...

       "Honk! Honk! Up and running Black!"

      I'm awoken in the oddest manner. Not just by someone yelling annoyingly into my ear but also by getting tackled while I'm still in bed.

         "See how you like it." The voice continues and I'm completely infuriated that I jerk the individual backwards, pinning them to my bed.

         "Riv?" My brow furrows as I take in the sight of my stupid friend underneath me. A wicked smirk plastered on his face.

         "See, Raven...I'm totally down for some dry humping but c'mon, you couldn't have been horny from Dreamland." He mocks and I give a tight lipped smile, pulling him closer to myself.

       My head swiftly makes contact with his forehead and that had him burning up and yelping. "Asshole." We both mutter at the same time.

         I get off my bed and stuff my feet in my slippers. "Why are you here so early? And for fuck's sake, who let you in?"

           He pushes himself up, using his elbows and I catch him looking all confused. "Early? It's almost eleven."

         I swagger into the bathroom, keeping the door open so we could continue the conversation. "Is it? I guess my stupid neighbors finally took the hint."

           "I've got breakfast," I hear a familiar voice as footsteps approach. "Where's Raven?"

            I almost run out of the shower when I realize it's Kat's voice. My beautiful weird ass. "Kat!!"

           "Oh, she recently awoke." I hear Kat say and I can almost imagine her with an eye roll.

        I rush up on my shower while my friends have a muffled conversation due to them chewing up on my breakfast while they chatted away. Jenna never brought me breakfast in bed. I guess Kat's really good with her. Better than I am, apparently.

         "I invited someone else." I announce when I return to my room, drying my hair with a towel.

           "Who's the bitch?" Kat immediately growls, I think...since it's so hard to assume with all the pancake stuffed in her mouth.

       I roll my eyes, grabbing some clothes from my closet. "He's my...boyfriend, I guess."

      The series of noises and sirens that go on after that sentence is something I should forever use to tag them weird for.

          "Fuck me!!" River screamed. "Who's the master who's managed to have this lil' wolf tamed?"

            "Can you shut up?" I rhetorically ask, pivoting to get my shirt on. Damn. For a cropped top gotten at the dollar store, it sure looked fine as hell.

          "Well...does this mister has a name?" Kat asks, wiggling her brows.

          "Uh...yeah, it's fuck you," I smirk, lacing my boots. "You honestly think I'm going to make the mistake of mentioning his name before you guys meet...I don't have the guts to handle minutes of teasing just yet."

          They both chuckle at my response and I smile. I didn't realize how much I really missed them until...today.

         "Hey, Raven...you hungry?"

       I brush my hair backwards with my fingers as I pivot to see Riv standing beside me with an empty tray. "What were you planning on giving asshole?"

         "Well, the tray is empty but we could find something else." He smiles, grabbing the edge of his trouser.

        I scrunch up my face in annoyance. "Oh yeah? Call me to suck a dick when you have one."

    Kat immediately cackles out loud as I lead the way out of the room.

         "I'll get you back." River yells behind me as I get down the stairs.

       Just below the steps, I'm met with a sight I wasn't expecting. Klaus was here already and standing just behind him was Jenna, giving me all sort of weird winks and thumbs up. Someone...shoot me.

        "Raven, look who dropped by," Jenna finally steps up and say. "Klaus, right?"

        "I was going to call." I say, not shifting my eyes from him.

         "C'mon, don't be an ass Kat." I hear Riv say behind me and his words are immediately accompanied by a hard shove which sends him crashing into me and straight on to one another on the floor.

          "Finding me irresistible lately?" He smirks and I stick out my tongue at him, swiping it right across his right cheek. He immediately gags and I laugh, getting off him. I offer him my hand, pulling him up. He repeatedly dabs his shirt across his cheek and I can't stop myself from grinning.

        "Who's this?" Kat suddenly asks, shifting my attention back to Klaus.

        "Oh...Kat, this is..."

        "He's hot." She blurts out and I smile. There's a reason I acknowledged her as my weird ass.

          "He's my boyfriend," I say and watch as literally all three of them eyes double up like something out of an animated movie. "Klaus."

        River immediately snorts and I know what he wants to try. A joke. I go over to stand behind him, grabbing on to his wrist and twisting it in ways it shouldn't be.

          "Hey?" Klaus finally lets out a word and River gives him a tight smile with a forced nod. I loosen my grip on his hand and a sigh escapes his lips.

        I turn to look at Jenna and give her my biggest smile. "I'm going out with these guys today. They kind of have me for the whole day."

            "Um...okay, have fun." She gives out the most unexpected reply and while I'm satisfied with it, I can't help myself from checking in with her again.

         "I'm going out and won't be around for a while... you're fine with that?"

         "You're a teenager. Knock yourself out."

         "C'mon Raven, we should go." River says, pulling on my hand.

           "You've got a date, haven't you?!" I yell as River begins pulling by my hair. He gets us outside and as soon as Kat shuts the door, I pivot and yank on River's hair as hard as I can.

          "Fuck you!" He yells.

       "Wouldn't you like that?" I flick his nose with a wink.

         I stalk over to Klaus and grin at him. "To the carnival!"

        Kat gapes when she catches sight of Klaus' car. "Is that your Jeep?" She runs off towards it and gives it a huge hug. "She's so beautiful. I'm going to name her Stella."

       Klaus turns to me with a questioning look and I shake my head. "You'll learn to love her like that."

     The rest of us walk towards the Jeep...like normal individuals and get in, excited to have some sort of fun day.