Chapter 52

She wore her scars as her best attire. A stunning dress made of hellfire...

    .Ravenna.

       A force pushes at my leg as I flip through to the next page in my novel. My romantic novel. A genre I actually happened to enjoy. It made me grimace so why shouldn't I read it?

       I ignore the shove as my eyes assess the words on the page, getting more involved in the author's world than I probably ever would be in my own. The body contact is made once again, but this time traces into the inner part of my thigh. I briefly shut my book, narrowing my eyes at Klaus who's laid opposite me on my bed.

       "What are you doing?"

     "Nothing." He groans, sitting up. "I'm bored."

      "Grab a book." I offer him with a teasing smile.

     "Read to me?" He requests, putting on a toothy grin.

      "What are you? Five?"

    His smile falls and I huff, returning to reading my book. His feet go on with their movements and within a few more minutes, we're viciously playing footsies with each other. A smile cracks onto my face as he begins laughing, showing his beautifully indented dimples. In that moment, he looked adorable...better than when he scrunched up his face because of a bad mood.

       I toss a pillow towards his direction and it smacks his head before landing to the bed with a soft, almost unnoticeable sound. I'm stuck cackling out at his facial expression and just when I'm about to roll over, his hands grab my wrist, pinning me against the bed. He leans in so close, I can feel his breath tickling my skin.

       I have the undeniable impression he's going in for a kiss or a dirty movement when he steps away from me with no action being done.

        "I'm starving." He grins, getting off the bed. He begins stuffing his feet into his sneakers when I leap against him, pulling his neck down so I can nibble on his lips.

        "Yup. Starving for you."

      "Too cliché." He tuts, pulling my waist in. I smile against his lips as he directs towards the bed once again. I'm placed on the bed and then he stops to gaze me in the eyes, as if ready to ask me a damn serious question.

       "What?"

      "No, seriously, I am starving."

                              ×××

        Klaus and I settle into one of the booths after ordering for our food, each taking a seat opposite one another. My fingers pull on the tip of my shirt, trying to cover up the naked skin that tingled due to the cold weather. I lift a brow as I stare at my boyfriend who's currently covered in a hoodie and jacket.

         "Really?" I fold my arms, giving him a blank stare. "I can't get one of those?"

         "Why didn't you bring yours from home?" He rolls his eyes, tapping his fingers against the table impatiently.

        "You're really not asking me that. How was I supposed to know it was going to be this cold?" I retort.

       "We're literally approaching winter!" He almost screams.

      "Woah! Calm down buddy," I put out my hands in a reassuring manner. "You're really hungry, aren't you?"

         "Fuck. Yes." He moans, faceplanting onto the table.