Chapter 20

*United Airlines ; Later*

~~~Selena~~~

I wiped my mouth with a napkin and handed my tray of food to the stewardess. I looked out the window and my body tingled with anticipation. I was half way towards the underworld...towards my twin...I decided to wash up so I stood up to go to the bathroom. I saw a guy with black hair with the exact same height as Percy. Could it be? I ran in the narrow aisle between the seats to catch up with the guy and bumped into a lady carrying a baby.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I apologized.

"My baby almost fell!" The lady glared.

"I'm really sorry, ma'am!"

The lady muttered something else and I turned towards the guy but he was gone. Did I just imagine that?

~~~Percy~~~

"Yo Grover are you done?" I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Sorry man, but that meal's gonna make me stay in here for about 15 minutes or more!" He called.

I shuddered and walked back to my seat. As I walked, I saw a girl with beautiful dark brown hair in a black coat hurrying towards the bathroom, and for a moment I mistook her for Selena. I was about to approach her when I remembered my encounter with the French lady. I sighed and sat down on my seat. I need patience. I'm about to see Selena soon. I hope.

*Orlando International Airport ; Morning*

~~~Selena~~~

I exited the plane after changing into a pair of jeans, converse, and t-shirt and proceded towards the exit of the airport. My next destination is the Miami Harbor...

When I got outside I waited for about five minutes for a cab to arrive. And when it finally did, I hopped in and told the driver my destination.

~~~Percy~~~

"I just saw her!" I exclaimed as I ran towards the exit of the airport.

"Who?" Grover struggled to run in his crutches.

"Selena!"

"Oh, Percy, not again. Are you sure about it this time?" Thalia asked.

"Yes!" We reached the exit just as a cab pulled out.

"She's in there!" I pointed to the brown haired girl sitting inside.

"It can be anyone." Annabeth quietly said.

"I know that's her!" I insisted and called a cab.

I jumped in next to the driver and the others sat in the back.

"Follow that cab." I instructed the driver and pointed. "And hurry up."

The driver nodded and we sped out towards the streets, following the cab where Selena is supposedly riding.

"If that isn't her...it's gonna be a waste of time." Grover said.

"Be positive." I kept my eyes on the cab. I just hope Grover isn't right. We reached the highway with trees by our side and I tapped my fingers impatiently on my knees.

~~~Selena~~~

I watched the trees zoom by next to the cab when I noticed something odd about the driver. He seemed to be bigger than regular overweight people in america. I then screamed in terror when I realized the driver had three bodies and three pairs of legs.

"Hello, young demigod." The driver sneered evilly. I pulled out my fan and before I can defend myself, the driver swung the cab to the right. I was thrown to the other side of the seat, my fan falling out the window. He skidded the cab to a stop and turned to smile evily at me.

"Dammit!" I said frustratedly as I struggled to get out of the cab.

"What's wrong? Scared without your pathetic fan?" The monster sneered again and I slapped him. His face grew red and he growled, "You'll pay for that, you brat."

He started the engine and I jumped out just as he drove off. I felt pain across my body as I rolled on the hard ground. I saw my fan about four feet away and I quickly stood up and ran to get it. I was nearly there when I heard a screeching sound behind me. I turned and screamed in fright as the cab came speeding towards me. I knew I wouldn't make it if I got out of the way, so instead I braced myself, closed my eyes, and waited for the cab to hit me.

Instead, I heard an explosion and I slowly opened my eyes. The cab was burned to a crisp, and the monster inside turned to ashes. Exhausted, I felt my body weigh heavier than before and my vision went blurry. I swayed and fell into the arms of someone. I squinted my eyes on the figure and muttered, "Percy? Is that you?"

My vision slowly came back and he said, "You were stupid enough to leave camp without backup and now you tried to get yourself killed?! Are you crazy?!"

His anger turned to confusion when I giggled.

"Yep, it really is you, Percy. No one can be as obnoxious as you are." I straightened up and saw Thalia, Grover, and Annabeth.

"Thanks." I pulled away as Annabeth handed me my paper fan.

"How'd you get here anyway?" I asked.

"We had to ditch that one cab when we saw your fan fall out. Otherwise he might start reporting us to the cops for making a cab explode." Grover explained.

"So...I'm guessing you're here to drag me back to camp?" I asked.

"Of course." Percy rolled his eyes.

"I'm not going back. Not until I get my sister back from the underworld." I picked up my duffel bag that came flying out when the cab exploded. Half of it was nearly burned.

"If that's your plan, you're going the wrong direction." Grover said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I'm taking about how Malcom mistakenly gave you the map that leads to a shortcut to Tartarus."

"Oh....." I thought for a minute and said, "So?"

"So?!" Percy echoed. "You're going to your grave, Selena! Don't you understand that?"

"Tartarus is in the Underworld, isn't it?" I asked. No one answered so I continued. "If that's right, then there would be no difference."

"It's more dangerous." Percy argued.

"But it's the fastest way to get to the underworld! There's no point in going back now." I glared at him and he glared back. Why was he being a jerk? He's back to his old self...and to think I was falling for this guy. Ugh!

"You're not going." Percy said with finality.

"Make me." I pushed past him and walked towards where the cab I was riding supposedly going.

"You know what they say, if you can't beat them, join them." I heard Annabeth muttered.

*Almost lunch*

~~~Percy~~~

"Do you even know where we're going?" I asked as I walked alongside of Selena. I was happy and relieved that she was safe. It felt like a missing part of me is finally back. I promised myself that I would never let her out of my sight again.

Never.