Chapter 3

*1 mile from Camp Half Blood*

~~~Selena~~~

"Let me get this straight," I frowned, "Serena and I are daughters of....gods and goddesses?"

We left the house after taking our stuff about 10 minutes ago, and we were now going towards a place called Camp Half Blood after they explained everything about the Greek Gods being real. When they first told us I was convinced that these people are psychos that escaped a mental institution. But with all the weird things that's happened to my sister and I, I figured it wouldn't hurt to let these guys talk and explain more.

"Yeah." Grover said as we walked in the forest. He kept glancing back every now and then, as if expecting something or someone. It was making me dead nervous.

What if these people were really mental patients?! What if we get in trouble with the authorities if we were caught with them?!

I shook my head, feeling embarassed. I've been reading way too much.

I glanced at my sister and said, "Are you sur--"

"I think you got the wrong people here." Serena interrupted. I noticed every step we take she inches herself towards that jerk, Percy. I scrunched my nose at his back. I can't believe he would blame me for the dresser incident. I can't believe he won't just drop it! I mean it's not like I intentionally did it!

"We're sure the two of you are demigods." Percy said, oblivious to my creeping sister.

"How do you know?" I sneered, narrowing my eyes.

Percy shot me a glare. "Cause you we're able to slam me with the dresser!"

"I didn't do it!!!!! Can't you understand that?!" I yelled, frustrated at this boy's persistence.

"Yes, you did! Right after you screamed!" Percy yelled louder, and I thought I saw waves move dangerously in his eyes.

Next thing I know, Percy and I are yelling at each other about each other's stupidity.

"Uh, guys..." Annabeth said nervously. "I think we should keep quiet unless we wanna attract the unwanted."

"Yeah..." Grover swallowed loudly and walked faster. "We're almost there. I can see the gates."

Just then, there was a loud slithering and a large figure blocked our path.

"Oh my god..." I whisered, as a half woman, half snake appeared in front of us. I felt my knees tremble as my eyes widened.

"This is not good..." Grover said nervously and glanced behing the monster. "We were so close to the gates..."

Percy pulled out a pen, clicked it and said, "Great. Another monster."

How did the pen turn in a sword? I wondered. But that was the least of my worries right now.

"Echidna." Annabeth said and prepared to battle.

"Hello, my dear demigods," Echidna sneered and slithered in anticipation. Despite our distance, she smelled strongly like sewage.

"What do we do?" My voice sounded like a mouse as I turned to Serena.

"While we fight her, the two of you need to cross the border. Fast." Annabeth's eyes never left the monster, as if she was thinking of ways to kill it.

"We're not leaving you!" I insisted, although my brain wanted to do otherwise.

"Just go!" Percy yelled, staring at the beast as well.