Chapter 27

~~~Percy~~~
"And since they're twins," Kronus continued, the power was split between them at birth. So if one dies, the power will immediately transfer to the other, making that person stronger."

"If they really are full goddesses then you can't kill her cause she's immortal." Annabeth said triumphly despite the rising fear in her voice.

"Being Athena's daughter, I expected you to be smarter than that, Annabeth Chase." Kronus chuckled. He sat down on the couch nonchalantly, as if we were having a reunion and he was telling stories.

"Only an immortal can kill another immortal." Luke grinned from his master's side.

"So you're killing me so you can become stronger?!" Selena roared at her sister. I've never seen her so angry. She looked like she could really kill someone. Compared to her, Kronus looked the nicest guy in the world.

"I trusted you and you do this to me?!" She yelled at Serena who winced at her sister's loud, booming voice. Selena ignored her and continued. "I've spent all our life making sure that you're satisfied even though we didn't have the most fortunate life and in the end you kill me?! We're twins for Gods' sake! Why can't you see that we always coexist amongst one another?! Why do you have to be so selfish?! I know you're selfish but I've never seen you this selfish before!"

As Selena spoke, there was an odd white and pink light glowing above her head. Luke and Serena immediately backed away. I looked at my friends and based on their expressions, we were thinking the same thing: Selena's true goddess powers are coming out. Even Kronus was sitting down coolly, I could tell by his sudden change of poise that he knew that Selena wouldn't be defeated so easily.

"You'll all pay for this!" Selena bellowed and there was a loud explosion. I opened my eyes to see dust around Selena, whose chains are now at her feet.

"Wha--how--impossible!" Luke exclaimed and pulled out his sword. Serena growled and pulled out her fan, forgetting that she was holding our chains. Annabeth pulled out a pin from her hair and picked the lock and soon we were free. We quickly retrieved our weapons that were laying on the table ran towards Selena.

"Selena!" I said and hugged Selena tight. "Oh, Selena."

"Get. Away. Percy." Selena's voice was trembling. I stared into her eyes and didn't recognize the sweet, caring girl I once knew. The Selena standing here was full of hatred. I could see in her eyes that there's a part in her that wants to use all her powers to get revenge, but there was also a small part of her that wants to fight back against the monster brewing inside her that wants nothing but to kill.

"Selena..." I said, deeply worried.

"Percy we need to back away." Grover said, shaking with fear.

"I can't let Selena get consumed by her own power!" I struggled against Grover's arms as he held me back.

"Well I can't let you near Selena. Especially in her state!" Grover argued and managed to pull me back behind the couch where Annabeth and Thalia are hiding.

"So we're gonna hide like cowards and let Selena risk her life in protecting us from Kronus?!" I yelled and pulled myself away from Grover.

"You guys do what you want, but I'm not gonna be hiding back here." I growled and ran towards Kronus, who was still sitting on the couch while Luke and Serena are fighting Selena for him. The father of the gods skillfully dodged Riptide, and I grunted in frustration as he dodged the rest of my attacks.

~~~Selena~~~
I felt nothing but the anger in me. I felt power flowing in my blood now that I know my true identity. I may not know who my mother is, but I'm certain she's a goddess. I swung my fan in front of me like a sword, and hot air met my opponents. An air I made felt so warm that when it passed the curtains, the curtain burst into flames. I heard my friends gasped but I kept my eyes on Serena. From the corner of my eye I saw Kronus whisper something to Luke and Luke ran out the door. Although Serena saw, she didn't seem to care. It's like she knows what Kronus said.