Chapter 29

~~~Serena~~~

I gasped and looked around to see if Percy heard. He didn't look like he did, but he kept glancing suspiciously. I grabbed the boy's shirt and dragged him away from the battle field.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I growled, keeping a hand on his shirt and the other on my fan.

He laughed and said, "From how you're acting, you're guilty."

I clenched my jaw and said through my teeth, "What do you know?"

"Enough to get you in trouble." He smirked and pushed my hand away. I was shaking with anger that I didn't even bother grabbing him again.

"I know you're not Selena." He continued. "So you must be Serena. Didn't you disappear with that monster? Never mind. It doesn't really matter. Right now I'm gonna have so much fun with you." He gave that annoying smirk again and pushed me by a tree.

"Get away from me!" I growled and pushed with all my strength. He laughed and pinned my arms above my head, making me virtually helpless.

"You're gonna regret this!" I struggled to kick him but I might as well kick a pillow. I doubt the guy even felt a thing.

"I suggest you to be quiet, unless you want you're secret exposed." He breathed in my neck. "I may not know what your purpose is, but I do know you're up to know good."

"Let me go..." I growled a bit quieter. I really will be in trouble if Percy saw this. Things would start to get suspicious.

The boy glanced behind me and supressed a growl.

"Meet me in Cabin 13 tonight at 9. Or if you have other plans, I can always go to Chiron and we can have a little chat." He smirked and dropped my arms. He walked away and after a while Percy was next to me, panting. He probably ran to find me.

"What's going on?" Percy asked. "Is Alex bugging you?"

So his name is Alex huh....

"No. He just wants me to battle with him but I'm not in the mood for it." I lied. No way on earth is he gonna find out. No, freaking way. I'll just have to suck up and go along with Alex's tricks.

"Come on. Let's take a break." I forced a smile and took his hand and together we went back with the other campers.

*Aeolus Cabin ; 8:46 pm*

~Serena~

Should I go or not?

I stopped pacing in my room and sighed. I might as well go unless I want to be discovered. I hastily put on my jacket and left the cabin, meeting the cold gush of the wind on my face. I trudged up the trail and after a few minutes, the cabin came into view. I was hoping he would forget about our little meeting, but the light inside the cabin told me otherwise.

Soon I was at the porch, and I breathed deeply. Before I can even knock, the door opened, revealing a grinning Alex. I rolled my eyes as I pushed him aside and went in the cabin. It looked like the materials I broke when I was last here are already fixed. I walked to the balcony and memories came back. This is where I first saw Luke. This is where I decided to swtich sides. This is where I changed.

"Something bothering you?" Alex asked and wrapped his arms around me.

"What do you want from me, Alex?" I pulled away.

"I'm surpised you know my name. All I want is to have fun. It's been a while since I've been alone with a girl."

"Why am I not suprised."

"You really need to cut back the attitude." He glared.

"You need to start minding your own business." I snapped.

His expression turned into amusement and said, "Okay. In that case, you can go. Maybe I'll go find someone to talk to. Perhaps Chiron or Dionysus would be available?"

I balled my fists and said, "Fine. But first swear on the River Styx that you won't tell anyone about me not being Selena if I do what you want."

He smiled and said, "Sure. I swear on the River Styx."

After that, I felt my body stiffen as he wrapped his arms around me again and placed his lips on mine.

~~~Serena~~~

I quietly crept out of Cabin 13 and jogged down the hill towards the other campers. I shuddered at what had happened last night. After Alex kissed me, I slapped him and of course he got mad. I was expecting him to hit me, but he just growled and went inside. I stayed out in the balcony for the rest of the night and after making sure he was asleep, I grabbed a sleeping bag from the closet and slept on the floor. Not a very good experience. The hard floor didn't let me sleep and Alex's snores didn't help either.

I reached the cabins and I ran in the Aeolus Cabin and changed. I hope no one saw me. The last thing I need is Percy finding out everything.

~~~Selena~~~

I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar room and recognized it as a jail cell . After Serena handed me over to Luke, he tied me up and hit my head, making me lose consciousness. I then woke up in this filthy cell with wrists hanging limply in chains as I sat on the dirty floor. I glanced at my pockets and my red eyes filled with tears as I saw the clamshell Percy gave me. It seemed so long ago when I last saw him. I also noticed that my fan was gone, which didn't help me raise my hopes of getting out of here.

There was a slight knock on the door and it creaked as it opened. Luke stood by the door holding a tray of food. He walked over to me and stroked my cheeks.

"You seem to look beautiful despite the horrible lighting in this place." He mused.

"Don't you dare touch me." I spat in his face and his expression hardened.

"Use that tone again and I'm gonna end your life right now." He growled and I winced as he grabbed a handful of my hair. I bit my lip to keep me from crying in pain and became suprised when Luke let me go and apologized.

"Act rough on me and I'll do the same to you." He said and gently tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"What are you planning to do with me." My voice trembled with fear.

He seemed to be in deep thought for a while and said, "I honestly do not know."

"Aren't you gonna kill me so you can help Serena get my powers?" I snapped. I didn't dare use the word sister on Serena. She was no where near it.

"That was the original plan. But Serena and I decided something else."

"Which is?"

"Why should I tell you?"

I turned away and cursed under my breath. He stared at me for a long time and smiled as if realizing something.

"Wipe that smile of your ugly face." I said, irritated. I braced myself for him to hurt me for my tone and was shocked when he didn't do anything.

"I changed my mind." He said as if I never insulted him.

"What are you talking about?"

He gave me an amused expression and said, "I think...you will be fitted to be my wife."